Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you consider the most efficient way to lose weight?? page 2

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks guys, and i have considered fasting, but i'm not sure on how long or exactly how to do it. i heard for water fasting you only drink water, like all day or something like that. i think i could maybe manage the not eating part for a bit if i really tried, but it sounds dangerous. i saw quite a few posts before saying water fasting you may get some bad health problems as a result. another issue is that i heard it makes your muscle mass weaken and you can't exercise nearly as much, not even that much walking. if anyone has a detailed fasting routine for me, it would be appreciated.

iconoclast79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    thanks guys, and i have considered fasting, but i'm not sure on how long or exactly how to do it. i heard for water fasting you only drink water, like all day or something like that. i think i could maybe manage the not eating part for a bit if i really tried, but it sounds dangerous. i saw quite a few posts before saying water fasting you may get some bad health problems as a result. another issue is that i heard it makes your muscle mass weaken and you can't exercise nearly as much, not even that much walking. if anyone has a detailed fasting routine for me, it would be appreciated.
    Dude, you need to read the book. The forum is for building on the basics, which you clearly haven't yet grasped.

froggie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast79 View Post
    Dude, you need to read the book. The forum is for building on the basics, which you clearly haven't yet grasped.
    You took the words right out of my mouth...

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast79 View Post
    i'm sorry my dad took the book with him when he moved about 3 or 4 states over... my bad...

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Do your research.

Fasting is probably the fastest way to lose fat. And providing you're not underweight, it can only show posive health benefits. And it only makes you lose energy temporarily if you do it for over a few days. You come back way more energetic after.

Aside from that, there are no short cuts to permanent fat loss. You need a long
    term approach. You don't need to be strict all the time. That doesn't ever work in the long term. You need to have a flexible plan. And always work on mantnence.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    i'm sorry my dad took the book with him when he moved about 3 or 4 states over... my bad...
    Scroll up and click on the "Start Here" button. Lots of info there.
    Last edited by JoPaleo; 11-30-2012 at 08:57 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup the "start here" button is the first port of call.

start by applying the *basics* of PB and see what happens.

then you can tinker.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    mostly to improve my running and working out easier for me.
    I think if you want to improve your running, you need to work on working out. To improve, workouts need to get progressively more challenging. I started Cross Fit, stopped running, and ran a PR in a Turkey Trot...with very limited running. A PR faster than my old times while training for a marathon.

I don't think fasting or whatever is going to help you improve your running specifically beyond cutting weight. But when you monkey with a solid diet you can change your energy level. When I VLC, you can't get me off the couch. My advice - look at your diet and compare it to the Primal Blueprint. If you are eating tons of junk etc., follow the Blueprint, keep running and do some cross training. You will likely lose the weight.

If your diet is very clean and follows the PB, then start thinking about fasting etc.

Losing weight as fast as possible is not really conducive to long term health and wellness or improving athletic performance.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

skinnybacon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james2pro View Post
    Intermittent fasting with crystal meth.
    I just don't think that is primal. Peyote though, now we're talking
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12