Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not binging, not losing! page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Not binging, not losing!

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

I'm a culprit of the binge-fast-binge cycle, and have been for about 13 years. Over that time my weight has consistently yo-yoed within 20 lbs.

I went Primal last April, and I got pretty thin, but then my binging got out of control and I piled lots of weight back on.

Anyway, about three weeks ago I had this "click" moment, where I realised that I was sick of starving myself and then stuffing myself. I decided that I was only going to go full-on Paleo, eat as much as I wanted, and see what happened.

The amazing thing is that since doing that, my urges to binge have lessened! I guessing that after after years of terrible diets (vegan etc), my body was craving crucial nutrients, and the binging was the result.

The thing is, that even though I havent binged, and I've also cut out nuts and most dairy (except cream in my coffee), I havent lost any weight. Also I probably end up skipping a few meals a week - but because I'm not hungry (whereas before when I skipped it was always a conscious thing and it made me suffer). I just eat when I want (including snacks) and don't eat when I don't want to. I'm not complaining, because for the first time in more than a decade I feel free from the binging cycle, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience of stopping the binging and what happens after that? I'm guessing that it will take my body some time to adjust to being fed regularly, but I am carrying more weight than I'm comfortable with.

Menu

A typical day - 2 fried eggs for breakfast, sometimes with a beetroot.
    Lunch - 213g wild salmon, salad with beetroot, tomato, maybe olives.
    Dinner - Lots of meat (two lamb chops / three turkey escalopes / two tins salmon / two burgers / prawns etc) with lots of veggies - courgette, mushrooms, occassionally butternut squash.
    1 piece of fruit a day - max 2 - either pink grapefruit or sharon fruit, as a daytime or evening snack.

I'm 5'8. I have no idea what my body fat is right now. When I got measured a few months ago I was 19% but I've put on about 10 lbs since then.

Thanks!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Are you already a scrawny waif? Maybe you need to lose nothing.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hah.. not overweight, but definitely not scrawny.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Hmm, perhaps your body is already happy and healthy. Do you have a big gut or fat rolls somewhere to eliminate? Is that a picture of you on the beach in your avatar?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    19% body fat is healthy, if not a tad on the thin side.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Karyn is offline Junior Member
    Have you changed your exercise routine? Maybe that is the problem.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If I were to estimate your weight around mine -- I'm 5 ft 7, 128, 19%BF (ish with calipers, yeah?) -- then your lean body mass "before" the 10 lbs gain would be 104 lbs.

It's possible that you put on 5 lbs of fat, yeah? and probably some water weight in there? So, lets split the 10 lb difference, and go with that? Anyway. . . that would put you at, say 29 lbs of body fat of 132 total pounds or roughly 21% body fat.

And I would say that's healthy and not to worry about.

Otherwise, consider cutting some calories (counting and then cutting back by, say, 100), or increase lifting heavy things or sprints or something.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Are you a man or a woman ?
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Your body composition may have changed, more muscle, less fat. Does your clothes fit differently?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

blissfull is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You could probably eat a larger breakfast then maybe you wouldn't be so hungry at dinner time.
    At 19% body fat +/- a couple of percents I think I would not be concerned with weight loss.
    However when my body fat was low I would notice things like my legs feeling like lead weights when I ran,
    or craving food right before bed that would let me know that maybe I am not doing things right.
    If you feel good and your binging is under control then I think you are doing very well and should pat yourself on the back
    and keep moving forwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast