Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight lifting? page

marymonster is offline Junior Member

Question Weight lifting?

Shop Now
    I want to build some muscle. I'm a 15 year old girl, I'm 5'0 and around 108 pounds. I've been paleo for a few months, and I love it. I've been moving at a slow pace a lot, but now I want to start sprinting and lifting heavy things too. I'd like to start out doing a full body workout 2-3 times a week. I'm not really sure where to start. I know I should definitely do squats, what are some other simple movements? Sorry if this question has already been asked several times, thanks everybody!

Koobs is offline Member
    Squats, deadlifts, pushups and pullups are some good compound movements to start with.

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Look up Starting Strength. It was literally written for people your age. It's a blast!

emerson is offline Member
    Second Starting Strength; however, the brief programming and "diet plan" in the book while written for high school age kids it is written for high school age boys. Practical Programming includes chapters on "special needs" like old people and women.

Go to the starting strength forum and look up a woman named Tamara Cohen; she's out-spoken, annoying, funny, most importantly picks up a lot of weight and throws it over her head and maybe could be of help to you. I don't know her, but I try to never fail to read one of her posts or watch a video from her gym.

kipoboyle is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone read Eat Fat, Lose Fat? Does it follow along Primal lines? Thinking of buying it but I want to know a little more about it.

marymonster is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Do it! Starting Strength!

Billie trips balls

+1 Starting strength.

Freestyler is offline Banned
    When the year begins to come to a close, people tend to become interested in getting a fresh start through making changes to their life. As a result, they will often decide that it is time to get into shape.

Ezioun is offline Junior Member
    Just start from basic schedule and work with free weights. You can start with barbell pull up, bench press, barbell pullover, barbell curl, back curl and wrist curl. Check out those workouts from youtube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast