Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight lifting? page 3

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    My $.02: You're young and your body will react favorably to most anything you put it through at this point, so I personally would say don't start sweating details as you go yet, just play with things and see what you enjoy.

Also, many people work far too much on pushing (bench) and not enough on pull (rows).

Overhead presses are awesome.

Sturm is offline Junior Member
    You could do a push/pull type of routine which would incorporate compound movements to illicit the maximum hormonal response.

3 sets of 8 for most exercises, and then you would progress by one rep each week. So first week you would do 8 reps and then the second week you'd keep the exact same weight and do 9 reps, then 10, then cap out at 12.

DAY 1: "Push"

Bench Press 3x8
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8
    Military Press 3x8
    Lateral Raise 3x8
    Tricep Pulldown w/rope 3x8
    One handed tricep extension 3x8

DAY 2: "Pull"

Bent-over Barbell Row 3x8
    Dumbbell Row 3x8
    Lat Pulldown 3x8
    Bicep Curl 3x8
    Alternating DB Curl 3x8
    Weighted Crunch 4x8

DAY 3: Legs

Rear Barbell Squat 3x8
    Leg Extension 3x8
    Leg Curl 3x8
    Weighted DB Lunges 3x8

So you're only training 3 days a week. I do this myself and I have my girlfriend do this as well. She is pretty tiny at 5'6 and 120lbs. She handles it just fine and i'm sure that you could as well.

So I do Push, Day Off, Pull, Day Off, Legs, Day Off, Day off. On your off days you can do some slow cardio such as walking, or you can do your once a week all out sprint exercise. The point of this set-up is that it is very flexible and easy to follow once you get the hang of it. I've left out Deadlifts because I believe that you should only start them once your core strength is up to par. I would advise doing this program for about 4 weeks and then switching either the sequence of the exercises or incorporating different exercises such as replacing the Barbell Row with Deadlifts on pull day.

I know this workout isn't considered trendy or new-age like crossfit. But it works for muscle growth. I have experienced this myself and my girlfriend has also had great results with it.

chasefitness is offline Junior Member
    Aim for at least 1 to 2 grams of protein for every pound of body weight. For example, if you weigh 180 pounds, take in at least 180 to 360 grams—or about 6 to 12 ounces—of protein every day.
    Last edited by chasefitness; 01-29-2013 at 02:57 AM.

troody is offline Junior Member
    "Diet plan" in the book while written for high school age kids it is written for high school age boys. Practical Programming includes chapters on "special needs" like old people and women.

Freestyler is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Weight lifting equipments are those that target muscles of the hands and chest. If a patient requires his/her arms to recover after breaking the arm's bones, he/she would be given some weight in order to help them in their recovery. Such equipment is normally designed to consider the patients medical condition in order for them to achieve goals that are realistic and those that are achievable during a certain span of time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123