Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping at night page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One thing that i've JUST read about is overbreathing. I am inthe habity of breathing using my chest and shoulders, and apparently the right way to do it is using your stomach.

So I'm two nights in to trying to breathe that way and I find that I am much more able to relax my neck and shoulders.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just re-read your post. I had that too as a side effect of IF. Eventually I decided that it was a lack of total calories, and when I ate more food (by reintroducing breakfast) I felt warmer at night and during the day.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i eat seaweed for iodine. i take a magnesium supplement and it helped me sleep within days of taking it. nice unexpected side effect.

if both you and your husband have this happening, could it be a heating or room temp issue?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

waterjen is offline Member
    Avoiding caffeine helps. Exercise early in the day, or in mid-day helps. Exercise within 2 hours or caffeine within 8 hours of turning in is unhelpful for me.
    Once you've exhausted the realm of energy (ie, exercise and caffeine), have you thought about warmth? I need to be warm. I need blankets. Lots of blankets, like 3 or 4 even if the house temp is set for 74 degrees. Are you using enough blankets?
    Luck and may you get happy sleep soon in your future.

You mentioned that your husband has similar sleep issues. My husband and I had the same issue, where one of us was restless and woke the other up throughout the night. Our solution: separate bedrooms. It has worked wonders. We spend some time cuddling before bed and take naps together occasionally, but sleep separate 95% of the time. Now if I can just get my dogs to sleep in their own bed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12