Thread: Hey guys page

BenArfa10 is offline Junior Member

Hey guys

Shop Now
    Hey guys, glad to have joined the forum.

I've become interested in diet a lot more in recent years, I lift weights and eat healthy but I'm becoming more interested in how it effects your body and mental state.

I'm not that knowledgable on the science but I've heard of paleo quite a bit. I've also learnt how grains is bad and about grass fed foods been really good for you through joe rogans podcast. I know robb wolf is well known for supporting paleo and listened to him talk about.

Anyway, I do want to cut out the grains and dairy out of my diet as much as possible but need advice on what to eat and what to avoid. I eat pretty much the same everyday so ill outline that now.

Breakfast 3 weetabix
    Meal 1 sausages,beans,waffles and eggs (work cantene)
    Meal 2 3 eggs and beans
    Meal 3 tea. Varies but no chips,pizza or anything I deem unhealthy
    Meal 4 chicken or steak with vegetables and lettuce

I sometimes have pasta and cheese too but I'm stopping that completely now and replacing it with fish, veggies and salad.

I know some of that is a bit vague because I don't always make my dinner, but I record my eating everyday.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Great to be here.

Thanks

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    For the most part it looks ok. Weetbix and beans are the main offenders in there.

Can you replace the Weetbix with something better? Maybe Bacon and a few Eggs?

That's a lot of meals. Most people on here gradually reduce the number of meals they eat (I currently only eat breakfast and dinner).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Hey there - welcome aboard.

Four meals does seem quite a lot - but if I've learned one thing it's that no one thing suits everyone, so if it suits you and you're not looking to drop fat then go for it.

In terms of making your meals more primal - yep, the weetabix gotta go I'm afraid. Also, if they are baked beans you're eating twice a day then they're not primal...and full of sugar too. You don't look to be eating much in the way of veggies either.

It's honestly worthwhile reading the book...or at least wading through the free downloadable stuff on here.