Thread: beat a lot of other people in gym class today (: have questions though page

breetbree is offline Senior Member

beat a lot of other people in gym class today (: have questions though

Shop Now
    today in gym class we tested the flexed armhang, just holding yourself in the up position of the chin up. i was a little confused and surprised, but happy! there are a lot of weight lifters/ wrestlers in there and i some how did better than them. these guys are maybe 150 MAX and i'm 190 and i held the flexed arm hang longer than they did?! is it because i actually do chinups instead of barbell or db curls? quite a few people were surprised because i'm overweight and held longer than these guys with visible six packs. overall, happy about it, anyway :)

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    good job.

it likely is because of the chinups. your ligaments and tendons and smaller muscles and core can handle more and last longer than the curlers.

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    thanks (: i thought so too, but wasn't completely sure because these other people are lean and ripped, and i'm, well, the opposite of that xD

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    thanks (: i thought so too, but wasn't completely sure because these other people are lean and ripped, and i'm, well, the opposite of that xD
    that just means they have less body fat, not that they're stronger than you. i was a fat kid in high school, but i could out lift a ton of ripped guys. i would have had my ass handed to me in a flexed hang or pull up contest though, so kudos to you.