Thread: Stronger after fasting. page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

Stronger after fasting.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am living proof that fasting doesn't eat your muscle away, barely if at all.

I had a week where I stayed home sick with a cold. I fasted for 4 days straight. After a few weeks later I came back stronger in the gym.

Anyone would have to be moron to think or even hope that fasting makes you stronger. But I am just sure by now that it won't hinder your gains over the long term, if you have storage fat to spare.

With extra storage fat available, your body will go for that while fasting. It will only really go after the muscle if there is no fat available.

So much for worrying about nutrition and recovery. It's all just a bunch of marketing dogma based only on belief and zero proof.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yep. The idea of needing constant nutrition is bunk. The guys at the gym carrying around protein shakes gets so much side-eyeing from me.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    You may have also come back stronger because you gave your muscles some time to rest and recover if you had been training consistently before you got sick. Sort of like a forced deload.

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    You may have also come back stronger because you gave your muscles some time to rest and recover if you had been training consistently before you got sick. Sort of like a forced deload.
    Probably.

But the point is that the fast made no difference. And I don't believe it can.

I am convinced with worries about muscle loss, it's all about use it or lose it.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post

Anyone would have to be moron to think or even hope that fasting makes you stronger.
    But you just said you were stronger after fasting...

I call shenanigans on this topic
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    But you just said you were stronger after fasting...

I call shenanigans on this topic
    I won't mention any names, but one guy who is supposed to be an IF guru, tried this in is writings, as if to hope that fasting will help you gain muscle. I personally think that is stupid, and probably even marketing retardedness.

I don't think fasting will help or hinder your gains over the long term. And that was my point of the post. I got stronger from training, as what should be expected as a result. Fasting over a few days didn't change that; it only helped me drop a few lbs of fat. And yes, I had very little energy "during" the fast.