Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Done being V shaped. All shirts make me look funny. page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Done being V shaped. All shirts make me look funny.

Primal Fuel
    Seriously, I can't afford a tailor. My arms almost tear the sleeves while this useless tent hangs off my pecs over my waist. I think I'll maintain strength with body weight exercise and see if I can drop some of this mass on top. Skinny people look younger, anyway.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I don't think there is any way for me to shrink the V from the top, lest I remove my arms/shoulders.

I usually get "Slim Fit" or "Athletic Physique" dress shirts and I still have to have my mother-in-law take in the lower part. I have found a well fitting T-Shirt at Target that is like $6 a shirt (I think the brand name is Mossimo or something).
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Good job! I am probably not as muscular as you since most shirts fit pretty well. I have some older t-shirts (really cool band shirts that I used to love to wear) that look somewhat ridiculous on me now due to added pec and arm mass though.

I have more of a problem with pants/shorts really. Most are OK, but some brands, especially Columbia, fit waaay too tight in the thighs and glutes and too loose in the waist. I thought only girls were supposed to have that problem! I guess that's the price you pay for too many squats and glute bridges.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I usually get "Slim Fit" or "Athletic Physique" dress shirts
    this is key.

on top of a my v shape, i have long arms too. i can't tell you how many times i've argued with a clerk at a store over what my sleeve measurement would be without actually measuring. they bring the wrong shirt, and the sleeves come halfway up my forearms. i argue, and then they finally bring the correct shirt. every. damn. time. even when i tell them what my measurements are in the first place.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    It is a shame shirts are mostly box shaped now....you can still find some tapered shirts out there and they are expensive but abercrombie and fitch (sp) have nice tapered shirts they sizes are silly small (I assume to make they guys wearing them feel bigger) but an XXL fits me well.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I get fitted dress shirts... and it's fine.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I don't wear shirts and it's fine

Not that I'm truly V shapped yet, but still jeans can be pretty silly on me, big thighs and calfs dosn't mean fat gut, and some of my tops are getting pretty silly with flapping material round the gut, but fitting snug on the shoulders, though this is nothing new,even when I was bigger I was more of a heafty bear than a ball with stick arms and legs.

least I'm ok with combats pants and t-shits 99.9999% of the time.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Check Express and their MX1 line. Geek is pretty v-shaped and that fit's him.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Good ideas, people!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RobbyJ is offline Member
    Another +1 for fitted/slim/athletic cut dress shirts, the only brand I've found that fits me off the rack is Geoffery Beene, even then I end up tucking the bottom to the back and hiding the mess with a sports coat! 17.5" neck, 35" sleeves and a 32" waist here.

Jeans are another problem with big glutes/thighs, the only way to get them to fit is to buy loose boot cut a waist size too high, and pay $10 to have them tailored down. Won't somebody make clothes for good looking guys??!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast