Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: drinking water page

  1. #1
    cookie's Avatar
    cookie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northwest ohio
    Posts
    421

    drinking water

    Shop Now
    i really dislike drinking water. it gives me heartburn or something, plus i just don't normally feel thirsty.

    i have heard lots of things on drinking water.. some say never drink it with a meal, it will dilute your digestive enzymes. some say wait 20 minutes after a meal.. some say drink during a meal. some say wash down a meal with water..

    does anyone have some solid information on this?

    maybe i get heartburn because i AM diluting my enzymes, and my stomach is pumping more acid in to compensate?

  2. #2
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    i really dislike drinking water. it gives me heartburn or something, plus i just don't normally feel thirsty.

    i have heard lots of things on drinking water.. some say never drink it with a meal, it will dilute your digestive enzymes. some say wait 20 minutes after a meal.. some say drink during a meal. some say wash down a meal with water..

    does anyone have some solid information on this?

    maybe i get heartburn because i AM diluting my enzymes, and my stomach is pumping more acid in to compensate?
    Just dont drink until you are thirsty. Also get tested for h.pylori, it can be why you are getting heartburn.

  3. #3
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    I've never heard of water giving someone heartburn. You might wanna get that checked.

    Have you tried adding stuff to your water, like electrolyte tablets (to make it something you'd want to drink)? I really like Nuun.
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,354
    Drink when you are thirsty. People have been conned by the sports drink and bottled water industry to drink way more water than is needed. There are some days I will drink only about 5 ounces of water and some days where I won't drink any (not counting my coffee, of course.) This past weekend I made 4 liters of water last for over 24 hours of backpacking including cooking my meals, making coffee, washing my hands and hiking all day in 65-75 degree temperatures. I actually forced myself to drink more than I really wanted, too. It's not like I was dehydrated or trying to make it last.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

  5. #5
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,904
    You live in Ohio. In a big city? Do not drink the tap water unless you really want anti-depressant drugs in your system. It may be that you are just drinking the wrong water.

    I like to pound water (if I'm thirsty) before I eat, while I'm cooking. that way it's out of my stomach by the time I eat.


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  6. #6
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,057
    I get heartburn if I drink more than a little tap water. So did my mom, so it might be something used to process public water to which we're sensitive. Two things helped us. One is a little lemon juice in the water. The other which I just found last year is to use one of those filter jugs like Britta. Now I keep a glass of water near me all the time.

  7. #7
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I get heartburn if I drink more than a little tap water. So did my mom, so it might be something used to process public water to which we're sensitive. Two things helped us. One is a little lemon juice in the water. The other which I just found last year is to use one of those filter jugs like Britta. Now I keep a glass of water near me all the time.
    That's a good reason (junk in the water). We have a water filter and osmossifier (sp?) in our house, so I don't think we really have as much nasty in our tap water as other folks might.
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    cookie's Avatar
    cookie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northwest ohio
    Posts
    421
    we also have a filter.

    i'm not sick, it isn't h.pylori. it's just that i have always hated water. i can remember as a kid all of my friends chugging it, and i was never thirsty. my family never enforced that we HAD to, though we were always healthy eaters. i think my parents just followed their instinct and assumed i would too, if i was thirsty, i would drink....

    i just want to know if drinking during meals is known to dilute enzymes, or if it is bullshit.

  9. #9
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    i just want to know if drinking during meals is known to dilute enzymes, or if it is bullshit.
    I've never heard of it, but then again I learn something new here everyday
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  10. #10
    Him's Avatar
    Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tejas Norte
    Posts
    282
    If you are talking about plain water, you aren't alone.

    Water is an ingredient. Yeah, you can drink it. You can also eat raw eggs. I don't care if it comes from a tap, a bottle, and RO filter, or an artesean spring.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •