Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: drinking water page 5

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    interesting, damiana. i didn't really think about potential contaminates etc keeping us from naturally drinking (chugging) water. i'll try not to let this be an excuse for me to stop drinking it
    In the past...not today in the modern Westernized world. There are still people in the world without access to clean drinking water, though. There are charities devoted to it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

cookie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    In the past...not today in the modern Westernized world. There are still people in the world without access to clean drinking water, though. There are charities devoted to it.
    well, sure, i know that.
    but it slipped my mind that that would have given us natural aversion to drinking water.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Damiana is right - Beer was the primary drink -watered down - but that's what everyone drank because it was safe. Water was sketchy.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    I drink a gallon a day.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Hi Cookie, I know what you're saying because I don't really care for straight tap water either. A home seltzer maker can be a real help here. I mostly drink it plain & chilled but often add an ounce or two of fruit juice...instant fruit soda! Also there's a lot to be said for trusting your own thirst (or lack thereof) instead of blindly following the "8 glasses a day" mantra.
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Is there a resource that grades the tap water in specific cities? Anyone know how the water is in Newark, NJ? Is there any point in using a filter? I've read that grocery store filters add more to the water than they take away.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Well, for most of history, drinking water was unsafe. There were too many contaminants in drinking water (think London before 20th century) and people got truly horrible water-borne illnesses from drinking just water alone.
    Not to mention the drinking pits/rivers were usually occupied by larger animals.
    I don't think Grok drank that much.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Drinking water is very important to our human body because it is very good for health and the person make perfect and fresh who drinking water more and more, i also used drinking water more and more and my health is very good and perfect i always sharp.
    I always sharp, too, my spammy friend.

And let's not forget coffee. The myths are untrue. It is effective to hydrate with coffee, providing it's free of mycotoxins.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Damiana is right - Beer was the primary drink -watered down - but that's what everyone drank because it was safe. Water was sketchy.
    Primarily because you had to boil the water to make the beer which sterilized the water but they didn't make the connection. The Chinese discovered tea to be safer than water for the same reason, but didn't make the connection for years.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Is there a resource that grades the tap water in specific cities? Anyone know how the water is in Newark, NJ? Is there any point in using a filter? I've read that grocery store filters add more to the water than they take away.
    How Clean is City Water? View EWG's Big City Water Ratings | Environmental Working Group
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast