Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: drinking water page 2

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Not it isn't, its the one single thing we need on a daily basis to remain alive and fully functional.

It's ridiculous to say you don't like water. You've been conned by the marketers into believing that what comes out of the tap is somehow not drinkable. If you are in the First World, that's nonsense.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    It's ridiculous? No. It's true. I don't like straight water. I haven't been conned, I don't prefer one type of straight water over another, I don't have any reluctance to use tap water for cooking or preparing drinks. I just don't like the taste of plain water. I've sampled it from all over North America, everywhere from municipal water supplies in Florida to straight out of streams in Alaska, and it is not something I want to drink unless I have absolutely no other choice.

And, since I am in the First World, I do have a choice.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonwolf View Post
    Not it isn't, its the one single thing we need on a daily basis to remain alive and fully functional.

It's ridiculous to say you don't like water. You've been conned by the marketers into believing that what comes out of the tap is somehow not drinkable. If you are in the First World, that's nonsense.
    That still doesn't mean that you have to drink a lot or even any water to be healthy. All food has some water content, fruit and veg is mostly water. Drinking milk, coffee, fruit juice will all get you plenty of water. Hell you could drink beer as your water source.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to drink water, you can get hydrated through your food if you eat foods with high water content.

Drink Less Water? | Mark's Daily Apple
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Koobs is offline Member
    I have read that drinking too much water during a meal can dilute stomach acid, maybe that is what you are experiencing?? In that case you might have too little stomach acid production anyway.

I drink at least a gallon of water a day. Never had that problem. I actually feel kind of crappy if I don't drink a ton of water.

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonwolf View Post

My tap water tastes like crap. I drink filtered water and it has no nasty after taste; it's cold and refreshing so I don't need to drink anything besides it.

When my filter wasn't working last summer, I gravitated towards juice and soda and all kinds of stuff because, even though soda tastes nasty now, it tasted better then than the tap water did....

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    You don't have to drink water, you can get hydrated through your food if you eat foods with high water content.

Drink Less Water? | Mark's Daily Apple
    I drink a ton less water now than I did 6 months ago. A gallon a day was "going easy". And my thirst was unquenchable.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I personally think it flushes out nutrients and prefer nutritious liquids like coffee, orange juice or milk to water.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I once had a friend who only drank sodas because she hated the taste of water, and then wondered where all her health problems came from. As long as you're not constantly replacing water with liquid sugar like she was, you're probably fine.

Sandamel is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have heard that some people who "don't like water" are simply drinking it at the wrong temperature. Could be crazy, but perhaps it's worth having a cup of hot water just to see how that goes? I'm in a coooold climate so in the winter I prefer my water hot and in a mug. In the summer, I usually drink room-temperature. I dislike cold water and ice!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast