Thread: Soy-Derived Vitamin E in Fish Oil Caps page

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Soy-Derived Vitamin E in Fish Oil Caps

I currently take Nordic Naturals Fish Oil gel caps. Was reading the bottle, and it said the vitamin E is derived from soy. Is this something to be concerned about? What's the source of vitamin E in Mark's brand?

Thanks

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. Soy is problematic for a variety of reasons but if all you have there is the vitamin e, you don't have any of the problematic components of soy. And I'm guessing that it's not a lot of vitamin e.

Not sure about the source in Mark's.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Just wrote a piece on how harmful soy is actually, but the miniscule amount in supplements is not to worry about... actually heard that directly from Kaayla T. Daniel's mouth, author of "The Whole Soy Story"

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ooer. I would love to read that if you have it posted somewhere. The goitrogens are enough to turn me off but I should probably know just what else it wrong with it.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Don't like to plug my blog, but because you asked, you can click on the link in my signature, and it's actually today's post. Hope that helps.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been wondering this myself, whether or not the soy in my Vit E capsules is GMO or not. I'm assuming so due to contamination. Anyone know of some good non-soy sources of Vit E?