Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hemorrhoids? page 3

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    It is not, just a supplement, however if you take too MUCH, it will WORK
    like a laxative.

Most everyone is magnesium deficient, so taking it isn't going to hurt you by
    any means.

Yes, I take 400mg every night before bed.

Julie
    Is there any particular type or brand that you'd recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ezk View Post
    Fiber actually sucks. The whole thing around is majorly overblown. Eat taters, it does work well for the digestion.
    What are taters?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Take some vitamin C with the magnesium as well - it works wonders for me !!!!!
    good luck with the heemies !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jeneves is offline Junior Member
    Have you had them checked out by your Dr? There's only so much a person can do sometimes. You can do your part by managing the symptoms and avoiding things that might exacerbate them but ultimately depending on how uncomfortable and consistently problematic they are for you there are surgical solutions that can be incredibly successful for people.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Is there any particular type or brand that you'd recommend?
    The cheapest!

Whatever you can get the most of for the least amount of money.

And of course be sure there isn't anything else in the ingredients list like wheat, soy, corn, etc.....

I get whatever is on sale!

Julie

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I buy Nature Made because they constantly go on sale for "buy one get one free" and each bottle has a code you can redeem online for points that go towards $ off coupon. I have a $7 coupon coming in the mail now. You can also print $1 coupons on their website right now.

Nearly every brand in the drug store goes on sale every few weeks. Don't pay full price for your supplements if you don't have to!
    Last edited by newberrycrater; 12-10-2012 at 10:21 PM.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    How long do they take to heal?

I have had a bright red bowl for a week now, after just a massive back up that must have caused the damage, and I get that it would take a while to heal, but I am starting to worry

Quote Originally Posted by jeneves View Post
    Have you had them checked out by your Dr? There's only so much a person can do sometimes. You can do your part by managing the symptoms and avoiding things that might exacerbate them but ultimately depending on how uncomfortable and consistently problematic they are for you there are surgical solutions that can be incredibly successful for people.
    No, I haven't seen a doctor about them. They haven't caused any pain or bleeding as far as I can see. Just discomfort for about half an hour to an hour after particularly strained bowel movements. I've been keeping a poop journal as suggested earlier (thanks pp), and the last time I felt the hemorrhoid outside was almost 3 weeks ago-- nothing since then. I've been consciously moderating fiber intake. On any day I eat vegetables, poops are bulkier the next (but not necessarily leading to straining). On days when no veggies, bowel movements are so easy. Maybe I'm not meant to eat vegetables, lol! (I've posted some time ago about being constantly bloated)

I should also add I'm a bit weary of doctors in general, because where I live they almost always suggest aggressive medical solutions... which I'm usually not keen on unless there's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    How long do they take to heal?

I have had a bright red bowl for a week now, after just a massive back up that must have caused the damage, and I get that it would take a while to heal, but I am starting to worry
    I have never experienced what you described. For me, I can feel the hemorrhoid prolapse if I strain too hard. It disappears after.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Lambchop - go and see a Doctor. The blood might be a burst heemie, however it might be something else. Better to be safe, and to all the others - do not strain whilst defecating. This is not good for the anus and surrounding areas. Straining aggravates heemies - I believe!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast