Thread: Greetings fellow members of the Forum page

carmwoman is offline Junior Member

Greetings fellow members of the Forum

Shop Now
    My name is Carmen and I have endured the torture of Crohns disease for over 47 years.

I am almost a prisoner to my home.

I have suffered with chronic diarrhea and gas pains fatigue for all these years.

I am currently making my own Kefir and taking high doses of vitamin D.

However I would be so grateful for any further advice.

Kind regards,

Carmen

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Stop eating any grains or sugars. Cut your carbs down to below 20g a day. Add LOTS of fat to your diet - 80% of your calories per day should come from fats. That will probably help more than anything.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with Griff. The grains need to go. All of them.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the getting rid of grains and sugars.
    Oust the grains, all of them: wheat, corn, soy, rice, oats, barley, etc.
    Cut out processed foods and anything with refined sugars.

If it were me, I would also restrict dairy until my system calmed down. Once it got under control, I would test out dairy to see if I need to stay away from it or still have it sparingly.

Also agree with Griff on ramping up the fat%. Make sure it comes from good places: meats, avacado, coconut, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts... Avoid the other oils though (vegetable, canola, peanut and the like)

For greater detail, explore the site. You'll find a ton of info on the main page: Primal Blueprint 101

FabMandy is offline Member
    I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease 4 years ago. After the diagnosis I freaked out. I did tons of reading online, looking for answers... And I found Elaine Gottschall's Breaking the Vicious Cycle. www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info and www.pecanbread.com are good resources. We're also discussing it a little bite over here at this thread, if you want to see what's being said there.

I found the biggest positive effects by:
    #1 - ditching ALL processed food. 100% of it - not even a cheat once a week or even once a month. This means all the stuff you buy at the store that comes in a box or plastic wrap or bakery stuff, all of that.
    #2 - ditching grains. 100%.

Within a few weeks of starting the diet I cut my stomach aches considerably. It definitely helps.

strom is offline Senior Member
    Hello fellow Crohny. For pain I like to use a hot electric blanket place on my stomach, usually with some pressure applied. Cutting out carbs and grains is NOT an easy process though. I'm phasing them out slowly, since I know I have a addiction to them.