Thread: Need some Primal lifestyle statistics - doing a class presentation page

max219 is offline Senior Member

Need some Primal lifestyle statistics - doing a class presentation

Primal Fuel
    I am in a speech class and decided to do my 5 minute speech on the primal lifestyle. I already know just about everything about the lifestyle, but the problem is I have to incorporate graphs or charts to interact with while talking. I am already going to use the pyramids of eating and exercise, but any one have some statistics or something I could toss up there?

I'm going to go over what to eat and avoid, how to exercise, extra primal factors (sleep, stress, sun etc), and talk about how it differs than a paleo diet.

Any help would be appreciated!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    along with the pyramids, i would bring up a copy of the carbohydrate curve and a graphic of the 10 primal laws.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Um are you sure this is a good idea? People are already skeptical about eating fats and meat, explaining how harmful wheat is and how beneficial a primal lifestyle is will take a lot longer than 5 minutes if you want to go into the convincing science.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Um are you sure this is a good idea? People are already skeptical about eating fats and meat, explaining how harmful wheat is and how beneficial a primal lifestyle is will take a lot longer than 5 minutes if you want to go into the convincing science.
    It's pretty easy to explain, as long as you start by bringing biology of evolution. ''As a general principle, we can assume humans are adapted to the environment they evolved in, and are adapted to eat the specific kinds of food they evolved eating. There have been huge changes in our way of life since the apparition of agriculture, with predictable consequences on human health, such as decreased growth, cavities, shorter life expectancies, chronic illnesses, etc. If we were to go back and eat according to what are genes ask us to eat, here's what the food pyramid would look like: (And you go on with the graphs).''

Don't go into specifics like ''here's why saturated fat is good for us'', or you'll run out of time. Just explain the rationale behind it.

Also, put a picture of Mark Sisson and Matthew Mcconaughey shirtless somewhere in your presentation.