Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controlling overconsumption page 2

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After a lifetime of morbid obesity, I lost almost 200 lbs and have been maintaining that loss for almost 2 years.

Only now are my 'signals' beginning to become clear in terms of hunger/fullness. I still can't trust them totally yet.

I've managed by simply planning my food in advance and eating only that amount. I rarely felt 'full' when finishing a meal (because of my warped signals), but I was almost always satisfied--i.e., I don't go around hungry.

I think that over the past few years, I've either become more attuned to my body's signals OR I've developed better signals. In any case, the only way I could control food consumption was to monitor myself carefully.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The thing that actually reset my hunger meter was following this basic insane thing. Stock a lot of average ground beef, potatoes and eggs. Then brown a lot of that ground beef without spice. Boil a lot of potatoes. Stock in the fridge or carry with you. When tyou don't feel like eating, don't eat. When you feel like eating, ask yourself: meat, potato or eggs (or any combo of thereoff)? Then heat up and consume (no spice, no salt). Stop eating when feel full. Put the rest away in the fridge/lunch bag. Keep going until your satiation trigger is reset. Make sure you put the fork down between bites and chew the heck out of every bite. Make a meal a Zen experience savoring every bit. This gets rid of the anticipatory hunger, and mind games. After a couple of weeks I knew when I was hungry and when I was full.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The Leptin reset is supposed to help with messed up satiety signals. The real thing is really complicated, but the essentials are enough for many people: eat a high protein breakfast every morning and go to sleep at an early/reasonable time each night and sleep for 8 hours. In other words, restore your circadian rhythm.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12