Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page

KrisVice is offline Junior Member

Red face Curing candida on a paleo diet

Primal Fuel
    I just read Candida Yeast No More by Linda Allen, and she believes that beef and a high fat diet contribute to candida overgrowth. She also believes that juice based fasts help cure the body from candida. Does anyone know of any evidence that supports these ideas?

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    I'm no expert, but that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Carbohydrate intake/sugar (the little yeasty guys feast on sugar) seems far more likely to contribute to candida (along with known problem foods like soy sauce, vinegar, mushrooms, etc.).

Zach is offline Banned
    Im no expert either but i have read that trying to starve candida of sugar will make the candida spread, then the tiniest amount of sugar will cause flare-ups. Eating a decent amount of sugar keeps the candida in check.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    "Im no expert either but i have read that trying to starve candida of sugar will make the candida spread, then the tiniest amount of sugar will cause flare-ups. Eating a decent amount of sugar keeps the candida in check. "

What the...

Man, are you are that ALL the doctors who treat candida know that sugar is the worst thing you can put in your mouth (with mushrooms) for bacterial overgrowth ?

On all the other threads you want to make us look like carb-phobics and extreme paleo sheeps but you have a true obsession with sugar it's insane.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Zach is offline Banned
    LOL, dude you need to chill out. Im just trying to help. Im sorry i didnt know that ALL doctors felt this way, just relaying some information.

Rethinking Candida – 180 Degree Health

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think I read somewhere that seborrhea is a yeast. I recently got diagnosed with that. On Wikipedia it says that there's a relationship to fatty acid consumption. Oddly I have been eating lower fat and much higher carb than I used to.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Eating sugar will only maintain the overgrowth, thus "keeping it in check".

I can tell you from experience that a paleo diet WILL help, but additional supplementation may be required, depending on the severity and the condition of your gut. My gut is not fairing so well in many ways, so it's taking a lot longer for me. I believe at this point I may have Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth, which would be most quickly treated with antibiotics. I'm going to try to get to the doctor within the next couple of weeks to find out.

Check this out:
    Healing Naturally by Bee - Home Page
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    You need to avoid fermented foods (some primal foods) and foods high in sugar, esp. fructose to beat candida.

Yeast hates saturated fat.

Also you need to boost your immune system in order to eliminate it.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    From experience with chronic candida I know that a juice diet would have me ridden with a yeast infection. I can't even have a mango without immediate symptoms.

I eat a primal diet and when I avoid all sugars in all their forms, my symtoms stop. Recently, I have cut out vinegar, which I had daily in dressings, and it has helped enormously. I avoid mushrooms, soy, nuts, fruit and anything non-primal. Hormones cause a fluctuation, but so far so good.

Try the juice diet as opposed to a paleo/primal approach if you like, but even the word juice makes me itchy

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisVice View Post
    I just read Candida Yeast No More by Linda Allen, and she believes that beef and a high fat diet contribute to candida overgrowth. She also believes that juice based fasts help cure the body from candida. Does anyone know of any evidence that supports these ideas?
    I get the sneaking suspicion that she wrote that book on "opposite day." Because I honestly cannot believe that pure fructose and carbs would do anything but instantly increase your candida overgrowth 10 fold.

I can feel the rash creeping up on me as I envision glass after glass of "healing essence."

*shiver*
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast