Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 9

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Thank you, Dermapix. That was good for a chuckle.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    No problem, you have such a lovely smile it's nice to see you laugh
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Derpamix, coffee most definitely DOES have health benefits. But as I understand it, these benefits are subject to a maximum effective dosage. I'm not sure this dosage has been correctly identified yet, but as I've read, after a certain point, the benefits of additional cups of coffee seem to taper off. As though your body is able to adapt to the substances in coffee and their benefits decrease.

But I admit to being no expert and if it seems to work for you, my hats off to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Derpamix, coffee most definitely DOES have health benefits. But as I understand it, these benefits are subject to a maximum effective dosage. I'm not sure this dosage has been correctly identified yet, but as I've read, after a certain point, the benefits of additional cups of coffee seem to taper off. As though your body is able to adapt to the substances in coffee and their benefits decrease.

But I admit to being no expert and if it seems to work for you, my hats off to ya!
    How so? Coffee is one of the most concentrated sources of magnesium, and niacin. Those who drink 5+ cups of coffee a day are shown to have the least alzheimer's, liver disease, parkinson's, thyroid issues, etc

The effects certainly don't taper off, though it would probably be quite hard to drink as much coffee as I do for most people. Drinking coffee with food helps a lot with the jitters though, as does adding lots of milk due to the fact coffee depletes glycogen.

Another thing about coffee, is the iron chelation. I drink it with every meal that is rich in iron like all muscle meats, liver, oysters, so on
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    You dont actually drink 30 cups a day do you?

Not every day, no. I have at least 5-10 though. I try to drink as much of it as possible, but unfortunately I'm not always around a coffee pot.

Ray Peat was drinking 50 cups of a coffee a day when he wasn't able to get thyroid supplements

Zach is offline Banned
    5-10 seems normal enough. 30-50 seems like entirely to much fluids. 30 cups at 6oz is 1.4 gallons.

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh and if by slim chance, the OP is still reading this, Candida Overgrowth: Myths vs Facts Ľ EastWest Healing & Performance

My diet is mostly fluid based anyway. I get the majority of my daily calories from raw milk and orange juice.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Tea has much less caffeine and still serves as a potent iron chelator in the same manner that coffee does. So coffee isn't necessary for that effect.

Tea has also been shown to have beneficial effects in delaying the onset of and helping prevent both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Also, I read this about a month or so ago about the impact of green tea on liver disease:

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2009/02/...liver-disease/

I've recently read though, that both coffee and tea should be avoided when one has candida, to get back to the opening post's topic.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast