Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Nice response much appreciated.

One thing I've noticed about Paleobird, is she's really quick to discredit but never seems to back up anything she says. I'm pretty patient and actually try to back up every claim I insert, but she does nothing but attempt to insult my gummy bears and mexican coke. Seriously, lay off my bears already, they've done nothing to you.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    You clearly don't have a life as you spend way too much time attempting to dominate this forum. Especially for someone who doesn't even work for a living.
    Boy, I went to a party this afternoon and am going out to dinner shortly and you are still here. Who needs to get a life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Seriously, your post count says otherwise.
    You know that the burden of proof lies on the person who makes the claim.
    Zach, I have spent most of the last year taking care of my terminally ill father who passed away a few weeks ago. So, yes the post count went way up because I was stuck at home all that time. Now I'm not and you can do your own research or choose to believe clowns like Chief Rok. I don't care.

She is forced down the road of low carb for one reason or another.
    I eat low carb because it controls my epilepsy on a lower dose of medication. I don't say that everyone must eat this way ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Also, you're damn right I will recommend someone eat gummy bears(gelatin is gooood for you) and mexican coke. I'm not female though, seriously, my forum avatars don't mean I'm female. I just like them. You remember my coffee amount, what I eat, etc, but can't even remember where I said I was a 6'3 man? Come on Paleobird.
    My apologies, I totally missed the part about you being a tall dude with all the avatar pics of young sexy women. Some of us use real pics of ourselves.

Yes, gelatin is great, I love it. I make unsweetened ice tea jello blocks a lot. It's the sugar I think is harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    One thing I've noticed about Paleobird, is she's really quick to discredit but never seems to back up anything she says. I'm pretty patient and actually try to back up every claim I insert, but she does nothing but attempt to insult my gummy bears and mexican coke.
    I just think that when someone is asking for advice with a health problem, they should know who that advice is coming from. The person who eats candy and coke is not really much of a Primal spokesperson.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ugh, way to address everything EXCEPT your comment that low carb does not effect thyroid. Also i have been doing research for 8+ years and have never once read that, i have however read much to the contrary.

Paleobird Guest
    Enter low carb and thyroid into the search bar above. This is page one of ten available to you. But if that is too much work, then just go read Chief Rok's blog and don't think that hard. My point was not to prove or disprove anything. Merely to point out that the topic had already been hashed and rehashed ad nauseam.

Low carb, thyroid, upping the carbs, need some advice | Mark's Daily ...
    I have been looking into upping the carbs lately due to a slightly low thyroid. My temps were averaging 97.5F. I have run into some issues here.
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17105.html
    Glucose deficency and Thyroid | Mark's Daily Apple Health and ...
    Low carb does not hurt your thyroid so dont worry about that. The physiological change in thyroid hormone from low carb IF it is from low carb ...
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53159.html
    Low Carb and Thyroid Function | Mark's Daily Apple Health and ...
    Chris Masterjohn and Chris Kresser say there is ample evidence that restricting carbohydrates can adversely affect thyroid function which in ...
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748.html
    Low Carb and Thyroid Function - Page 4 | Mark's Daily Apple Health ...
    I know nothing about the thyroid and how low carb effects it buuuuuuuuut I just want to say that I am on a zero carb diet and as you can see my ...
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748-4.html

Thyroid problems, digestive issues and acne: low carb or moderate ...
    Howdy all! I've been dealing with some health problems (hypothyroid, elevated cortisol, undiagnosed digestive stuff[dysbiosis?]) and acne for ...
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread19653.html
    Hyprlipid: Are you free T3 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness ...
    I am already hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), and I've read all the nonsense about how low carb/low calorie, etc. will 'ruin' the thyroid. But I was ...
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread61014.html
    Low Carb and Thyroid Function - Page 5 | Mark's Daily Apple Health ...
    Originally Posted by BestBetter Not trying to pick a fight, I have a sincere question : This thread was created for the purpose of gathering.
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748-5.html
    Low Carb and Thyroid Function - Page 3 | Mark's Daily Apple Health ...
    Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername I get hair loss, cold extremities, fatigue and anxiety if I stay very low carb, many on this forum do.
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748-3.html
    GAPS tanking adrenals and thyroid? | Mark's Daily Apple Health and ...
    I am wondering if the low carb nature of these diets can do that? ... (autism mom here), and I am already taking armour to up my thyroid a little.
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48148.html
    Low Carb and Thyroid Function - Page 2 | Mark's Daily Apple Health ...
    I have hypothyroidism and and have been having trouble with insomnia since going LC. It has been getting worse not better. For the past ...
    www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70748-2.html
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised to read this not too long ago on the Perfect Health Diet website. Paul Jaminet's response to one reader in 2011 regarding systemic Candidiasis was this:

"Sugar does feed fungi, but (1) the main concern is internal infection and blood sugar is regulated, so eating carbs doesnít raise blood sugar much; (2) the immune response to fungi requires glucose and is downregulated if you donít eat carbs; and (3) on very low-carb dieting youíll generate ketones which is an even better food for fungi than sugar.

Overall, youíll do better with a systemic Candidiasis if you eat more carbs."

I tend to think that Jaminet knows his stuff and this was the first time I'd heard this theory, but I could have just been late to the game.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Zach is offline Banned
    Well that was awesome. I just spent 20 minutes skimming those threads and just like i thought there was absolutely nothing to back up your claim. There was ONE blog post from "a worldly monk" who offers an explaination that your body just doesnt need as much T3 on low carb. Wow. And then i found about five of your posts quoting from that exact blog post and no other evidense at all.

I will read that post in full and check his references but at first glance it looks like not much in the way of evidence. Also funny how you dismiss all of Masterjohn and Jaminets work but quote this other complete randoms blog like it was gospel.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ah, i figured out the genious who wrote the blog post that you quote as evidence for your claim. Sam Knox, an ACSM certified personal trainer who uses a low carb diet to manage diabetes and weight loss...

Also he says that he himself suffers from hypothyroidism, sounds like blind leading the blind. I would be very interested to know if he is on a T3 replacement medication.
    Last edited by Zach; 12-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My apologies, I totally missed the part about you being a tall dude with all the avatar pics of young sexy women. Some of us use real pics of ourselves.

Yes, gelatin is great, I love it. I make unsweetened ice tea jello blocks a lot. It's the sugar I think is harmful.
    Most of my avatars aren't even real people, and the other was a really beautiful model named Anna Christine Speckhart. I'm sure hoping you didn't think I looked like any of them.

Also, are you new to the internet?

I just think that when someone is asking for advice with a health problem, they should know who that advice is coming from. The person who eats candy and coke is not really much of a Primal spokesperson.
    The last thing I'm trying to be is a primal spokesperson.

You also wasted a lot of time pasting those links, because they're absolutely worthless.

Don't you have anything to say to my other post?
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    My main point is in this case, anecdotal evidence is king. There will never be a conclusive study done because 1. It would have to span months and 2. It would have to make sure all calories were equal. But there is overwhelming evidence in the form of thousands of people who had adequate thyroids before low carb and hypothyroidism during low carb. There are also many who reversed their hypo without the use of drugs simply by adding carbs back into the diet.

Based on that, i find it irresponsible of you to dismiss this every time someone starts a thread claiming low carb gave them hypo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One more thing. You should look into supplementing progesterone for epilepsy. Eating low carb to control epilepsy seems like another conventional harmful backwards "treatment".
    nihil

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast