Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 4

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    You're clearly way too lazy to back up your assertations.

Or incapable ... because a strawman is a strawman.
    I'm not your google monkey. I have been around this board for years and seen so many threads on this topic. And I don't really give a ratfart what you think.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Show me a study or something that could even come close to being considered proof. Reading threads of low carbers saying they have no thyroid problems is hardly proof. For every person doing well on low carb, there are 10 who hace ruined their health.
    +1

Low carb is for those with no better option. I see a lot of ruined thyroids out there.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm not your google monkey. I have been around this board for years and seen so many threads on this topic. And I don't really give a ratfart what you think.
    You're seriously flattering yourself there.

Just asking you to back up your claims.

I've had a keen scientific interest in health and nutrition for a couple of decades now, and have used this to help others.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I've had a keen scientific interest in health and nutrition for a couple of decades now, and have used this to help others.
    Good for you. I have a life. Signing off now.

Good for you. I have a life. Signing off now.
    You clearly don't have a life as you spend way too much time attempting to dominate this forum. Especially for someone who doesn't even work for a living.

Zach is offline Banned
    Seriously, your post count says otherwise.

You know that the burden of proof lies on the person who makes the claim. Your claim that low carb does not effect thyroid is quite the claim since many people think otherwise and there seems to be a very common theme of low carb causing many cases of hypothyroidism. The fact that you wont even try to back up your claim shows that you dont truly believe what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Seriously, your post count says otherwise.

You know that the burden of proof lies on the person who makes the claim. Your claim that low carb does not effect thyroid is quite the claim since many people think otherwise and there seems to be a very common theme of low carb causing many cases of hypothyroidism. The fact that you wont even try to back up your claim shows that you dont truly believe what you say.
    Agreed - she doesn't back up her claims.

She is forced down the road of low carb for one reason or another.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Cortisol, another name for hydrocortisone, is a steroid hormone created in the adrenal cortex. It is not something anything can "feed" off of. Biochem 101. Please.
    Hahahaha, what? Yes, thanks for this direct copy and paste of wiki with absolutely no scientific basis for why "nothing can feed off cortisol". Is this supposed to be a joke? Because it's so remedial it's almost absurd and hard to reply to. Cortisol destroys friendly bacteria, which means candida will become inflamed and invasive. Especially without adequate sugar to feed off of. Maybe my "feed off of" was overly simplistic, and I'm being nice in assuming that's why you could possibly reply with something so idiotic. I'm trying to be as inoffensive as possible.

Furthermore, in low carb cortisol is permanently activated and constantly raising your blood sugar. But, there is nothing but tissues to feed off of? See where this becomes a problem.

Cortisol harms immune function, metabolic function(necessary for prevention of candida overgrowth) because it atrophies the thymus gland. It also depletes progesterone.

So, yeah, cortisol is hydrocortisone. It's fucking you up.

Also, low carb does not cause any harm to the thyroid. It can make the symptoms of an already existing thyroid issue such as Hashimoto's worse if not properly treated. This myth has been debunked so many times around here, it is getting tiring.
    Read above, for a brief example of why low carb depletes thyroid function. It's also never been debunked, and I don't care about anecdotal experiences saying some bullshit on the internet about how they have 99.5 degree body temperature, etc.

I don't doubt that candida overgrowth can occur when your endocrine system is out of whack, but low carb diets are not the cause and eating gummi bears and Coke is not the cure.
    Just think about it for a minute. Put down your walls and forget about your paleo bible or Dr. Atkins nonsense, and just think. Candida feeds off sugar. If it's well-fed, it is not harmful in the intestine because it's not becoming invasive to seek out sugar to feed off of. The yeasts can also penetrate your blood stream barrier while seeking out sugar to feed off of, and they need to be quickly destroyed by your white blood cells or they can cause problems. What happens when you're in low carb again? Cortisol is elevated. What is another function of cortisol? Oh, it also depletes immune function(white blood cells).

Your advice is ignorance bordering on irresponsibility.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Also, you're damn right I will recommend someone eat gummy bears(gelatin is gooood for you) and mexican coke. I'm not female though, seriously, my forum avatars don't mean I'm female. I just like them. You remember my coffee amount, what I eat, etc, but can't even remember where I said I was a 6'3 man? Come on Paleobird.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Hahahaha, what? Yes, thanks for this direct copy and paste of wiki with absolutely no scientific basis for why "nothing can feed off cortisol". Is this supposed to be a joke? Because it's so remedial it's almost absurd and hard to reply to. Cortisol destroys friendly bacteria, which means candida will become inflamed and invasive. Especially without adequate sugar to feed off of. Maybe my "feed off of" was overly simplistic, and I'm being nice in assuming that's why you could possibly reply with something so idiotic. I'm trying to be as inoffensive as possible.

Furthermore, in low carb cortisol is permanently activated and constantly raising your blood sugar. But, there is nothing but tissues to feed off of? See where this becomes a problem.

Cortisol harms immune function, metabolic function(necessary for prevention of candida overgrowth) because it atrophies the thymus gland. It also depletes progesterone.

So, yeah, cortisol is hydrocortisone. It's fucking you up.

Read above, for a brief example of why low carb depletes thyroid function. It's also never been debunked, and I don't care about anecdotal experiences saying some bullshit on the internet about how they have 99.5 degree body temperature, etc.

Just think about it for a minute. Put down your walls and forget about your paleo bible or Dr. Atkins nonsense, and just think. Candida feeds off sugar. If it's well-fed, it is not harmful in the intestine because it's not becoming invasive to seek out sugar to feed off of. The yeasts can also penetrate your blood stream barrier while seeking out sugar to feed off of, and they need to be quickly destroyed by your white blood cells or they can cause problems. What happens when you're in low carb again? Cortisol is elevated. What is another function of cortisol? Oh, it also depletes immune function(white blood cells).

Your advice is ignorance bordering on irresponsibility.
    Nice response much appreciated.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast