Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Cortisol, another name for hydrocortisone, is a steroid hormone created in the adrenal cortex. It is not something anything can "feed" off of. Biochem 101. Please.

Also, low carb does not cause any harm to the thyroid. It can make the symptoms of an already existing thyroid issue such as Hashimoto's worse if not properly treated. This myth has been debunked so many times around here, it is getting tiring.

I don't doubt that candida overgrowth can occur when your endocrine system is out of whack, but low carb diets are not the cause and eating gummi bears and Coke is not the cure.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm interested as to why you believe that anyone would recommend eating gummi bears and drinking Coke on a Primal forum.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I'm interested as to why you believe that anyone would recommend eating gummi bears and drinking Coke on a Primal forum.
    Dermapix has bragged about how that is exactly what she eats "and proud of it, so there" on other threads. So, nutritional advice coming from the person with that diet might need to be taken with a bit of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dermapix has bragged about how that is exactly what she eats "and proud of it, so there" on other threads. So, nutritional advice coming from the person with that diet might need to be taken with a bit of salt.
    Oh dear! I haven't seen anyone brag about suchlike. Care to post a linky?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Zach is offline Banned
    Paleobird, where exactly has low carb causing thyroid issues been "debunked"? I would like to see this.

Paleobird Guest
    Oh dear! I haven't seen anyone brag about suchlike. Care to post a linky?
    Ask her yourself. It has been right out there. I'm not going to dig back through threads to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Paleobird, where exactly has low carb causing thyroid issues been "debunked"? I would like to see this.
    Again, do a search on low carb+ thyroid. There are many threads.

Hmm... methinks paleobird was posting strawmen out of context to bolster her low-carb agenda.

Paleobird Guest
    Hmm... methinks paleobird was posting strawmen out of context to bolster her low-carb agenda.
    Hmm....methinks paleo-bunny is being unnecessarily snotty. And the fact that I eat low carb does not mean I have a low carb agenda. Everyone else can eat anyway they like. I don't try to influence that. I do, however refute nonsense and scare tactics when I see it.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-01-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmm....methinks paleo-bunny is being unnecessarily snotty. And the fact that I eat low carb does not mean I have a low carb agenda. Everyone else can eat anyway they like. I don't try to influence that. I do, however refute nonsense and scare tactics when I see it.
    You're clearly way too lazy to back up your assertations.

Or incapable ... because a strawman is a strawman.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 12-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Show me a study or something that could even come close to being considered proof. Reading threads of low carbers saying they have no thyroid problems is hardly proof. For every person doing well on low carb, there are 10 who hace ruined their health.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast