Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    I get the sneaking suspicion that she wrote that book on "opposite day." Because I honestly cannot believe that pure fructose and carbs would do anything but instantly increase your candida overgrowth 10 fold.

I can feel the rash creeping up on me as I envision glass after glass of "healing essence."

*shiver*
    Did u check the video i posted?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Zach's right. Candida is only harmful if you try to starve it. Optimize your thyroid, eat raw carrots, coconut oil apple cider vinegar, sugar, etc
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

AussieNana is offline Member
    Candida is only harmful if you starve it? That sounds very doubtful to me. If you feed it then it grows and reproduces like any other living thing - thus making you worse. If you starve it then it will die eventually. It helps if you eat highly coloured vegetables. I've seen photos of candida growth in petrie jars being killed off by juice from various vegetables - as good as many of the drugs that were used in comparison. So I eat purple cabbage and other purple and brightly coloured veges.

Yes I have a flare up if I eat too much fruit or a non-paleo diet for more than a meal. But I am having less and less problems as I am longer on my paleo diet. I avoid juices as they were high in sugar if I used apple and carrots to make them palatable.

Without sugar it becomes invasive. Feeding it polyunsaturated fats makes the problem worse too. Killing it is not the answer.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^So what are you suggesting? Feed it and live with it? You can't kill off candida entirely, it's SUPPOSED to be in your gut, but we're talking about an overgrowth. You CAN starve off an overgrowth and normalize your gut bacteria levels, you just don't eat what it wants (starches and sugars). The methods and length of treatment will vary from person to person and the severity of the overgrowth.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zach is offline Banned
    Sounds like thats exactly what hes saying. Im sure you know how impossible it is to eat zero carbs.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    I suffered from Candidiasis for a couple years after a round of anti-biotics and crappy diet. So you're telling me that all of the carbs I ate to support the Candida overgrowth were GOOD for me? So the lethargy, absolutely horrific skin rashes and desire to give up and just sleep all day was the goal all along?

You're telling me that when I started eating paleo/primal/low carb, and all of this shit went away, I was doing myself a disservice? I should go back to high carb and let the horrible quality of life come back and rule me?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    "Not enough" is still enough to starve. You don't have to eat nothing to starve yourself. Same thing.

0 carb is possible with the intro GAPS diet, actually. It's entirely bone broths and fat. You're only supposed to do that for a few days, or until the diarrhea stops, though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^So what are you suggesting? Feed it and live with it? You can't kill off candida entirely, it's SUPPOSED to be in your gut, but we're talking about an overgrowth. You CAN starve off an overgrowth and normalize your gut bacteria levels, you just don't eat what it wants (starches and sugars). The methods and length of treatment will vary from person to person and the severity of the overgrowth.
    You speak the truth, cute sage lady.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

You're not understanding. With proper diet(this includes sugar) candida secretes ethanol which keeps it from bothering you. Without sugar, and carbs, cortisol is constantly being used. Candida feeds off cortisol, therefore candida becomes bothersome and invasive.

Candida overgrowth is a sign of endocrine failure. Low carb makes this worse. Correcting thyroid and stress hormones will make candida overgrowth disappear. Impossible to do eating low carb.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast