Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Curing candida on a paleo diet page 12

Kookie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've had recurring monthly candida issues for the last 3 years (since having my 2nd son) which has driven me mad. I'm only 1 month into going paleo and it's the first thing I noticed, no friggin inching, hurray!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    On the subject of candida: I have a candida overgrowth and am starting my fourth week of paleo/primal and I do see an improvement. It's not gone, but it is improved. Prior to this I have more or less "Mediterranean Diet" with lots of whole grains. Cutting grains appears to have made a big difference.

On the subject of hypothyroidism: I have Hashimotos and suffer from hypothyroidism. My doctor, a Naturopathic Physician, told me that in many cases autoimmune conditions like Hashi's are caused directly by food allergies. She suspected either wheat or dairy. She put me on an anti-inflammatory diet (very similar to paleo, as it happens) and we discovered I had a dairy allergy. After stopping dairy, I also found that my long-term acid reflux cleared up. Unfortunately the damage to my thyroid had been long term and we were unable to reverse my Hashi's through dietary changes but at least can prevent further damage. I'll be a guinea pig for whether paleo makes it better or worse. I've got blood work this Wednesday. We can use that as a baseline, and as I plan to do paleo/primal long term we can see what happens on my future blood work.
    My experience too is that it's wholegrains and yeast that are the problem, not starch. Also, I am sensitive to cow's dairy but thrive on goat's/sheep's.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112