Thread: Zeeko's Diary: A Technomad Apprentice Going Primal page

Zeeko is offline Junior Member

Zeeko's Diary: A Technomad Apprentice Going Primal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've already been going Primal for two weeks, but I thought this would be a good idea considering most of my family/peers think I'm going to die from carb deficiency. As you guys put it, convince them through results, not arguments. That being said, I'm too excited about my new habits to keep it to myself! So I'm gonna just ramble here for a while.

So I've been really getting into cooking for the very first time because of PB. I used the "perfect stir fry" recipe a few nights ago and I was really impressed with both the recipe and my flavor choices. For 2 servings, I used

1 chicken breast
    1 1/2 cup broccoli
    1 1/2 cup cauliflower
    1/2 an onion
    1 cup sliced carrots
    1 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
    1 1/2 tbsp crushed ginger
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    3 tbsp mixed herbs (I used Ms. Dash garlic & herb; no salt added)
    Just a bunch of handfuls of fresh spinach

The result was Fantastic. The chicken didn't soak up the seasonings too much, which was fine since it was so perfectly tender. The veggies had a robust flavor without being overpowered, and everything was just really fresh.

Today I tried the banana almond pancakes, and I must have cooked them wrong because I really didn't like them. I think it was because I hate the taste of ripe bananas (I eat them with a bit of green), but I might have just cooked them weird. The cookbook didn't have any temperature directions so I ended up burning it a bit :/ All in all, they were just too sweet for me (and I made them specifically because I had a craving for sugar this morning). The bacon was great, however!

For reference's sake, I'm currently at 200lb, 15 knee pushups, 10 assisted pullups, 45 squats, and 53 seconds for planks.

I've been wanting to go to the beach for a long walk and maybe a sprint session if I was feeling up to it, but it keeps raining! I love the rain, but how dare it interfere with my plans, right? I ride a motorcycle, so I avoid riding in the rain if I can. I hear stories of potholes being hidden by puddle reflections, and I want no part of it. Yeah, I know I'm spoiled, I know it's so much worse in other places, but I'm a woman of utilizing resources.

Walking barefoot is so much fun! I wonder if I can get away with walking around the neighborhood with no shoes. My neighbors like to get up in our business and generally despise anything not considered "normal". Also, there are ALWAYS neighbors outside. There's a dog walker passing by our house probably every 20 minutes.

I'm digressing now, but I really want to get out of the city. I love Los Angeles, don't get me wrong, but I also love being left alone. I'm not getting much of that around here. The hustle and bustle isn't really my style. I would really love to just find an old school bus, transform it into an excellent mobile home, and go see the world. I go on a big camping trip about every season (for winter we're going to back-country in Death Valley for a week), and being a writer, I could work from my sweet home on wheels After I get tired of that, I'd love to just buy a plot of land and just be that crazy forest hermit who hangs off trees and grows their own food. I'll get there eventually.

Zeeko is offline Junior Member
    So the past two days have been pretty groggy for me. I'm not sure if it's the rain getting to me or symptoms of the "carb flu". Doesn't matter. I'm not letting it get me down. Yesterday I made a pot of manhattan seafood chowder for the household, and a slightly different version of the stir fry for my friend who came over. He said he usually doesn't eat vegetables, but he actually liked most of the stuff in there (he didn't care for the cauliflower or broccoli, but ate everything else). I added in mushrooms and added teriyaki sauce to suit his tastes more. I used more ginger and put in some Bok Choy out of curiosity. it's quickly becoming my favorite winter vegetable.

The chowder is absolutely amazing. I've never made soup before, but the results were restaurant-quality. It goes well with my wet, cloudy afternoons. I wish I lived in Washington! I hear the rain is lovely in the western areas.

After losing 27lb and a month of strength training, I'm starting to see traces of muscle definition. My face has definitely narrowed out. I think most of my acne is clearing up. My body is making changes, some more noticeable than others.

I'm learning to not take the weight scale so seriously. Before I started PB, I was weighing myself everyday, sometimes out of pure curiosity on how weight changes from day to day, but also an underlying obsession with results. I know part of PB is just be flexible and not stress out over numerical results, and I'm slowly training my mind to reflect that. Doesn't mean it isn't difficult.

I need to catch up with my fitness goals, though. The rain has made my workout area super muddy, and honestly, it's an easy excuse to not go hiking/walking. Maybe I'll take a long walk tonight in hopes of getting my head sleepy. Insomnia is an ugly monster.

All in all, challenges are arising, and I'm surpassing some, need to overcome others.