Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone kill me.... page

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member

Someone kill me....

Shop Now
    Ugh..was losing weight eating primal than had a stressful semester, spent most of it eating crap, gained back most the weight I had lost....now I'm back on eating primal cause I got 60 pounds to lose by June so I can look as awesome as sex on my friends cruise wedding...

Working on getting myself into keto til Xmas, eat bad on Xmas, go back into keto til the 1st of the year and then carb cycle... but right now, the sugar cravings are killing me..even the fruit salad I ate didn't do crap for me...the cheap but tasty soft serve station at the schools cafeteria is looking so good right now haha

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Fruit, because the bulk of calories is sugar, can cause binging or sugar cravings for some people. I recommend you try a little experiment of dropping the fruit for a while and seeing how you feel. My guess is, you may have fewer cravings for sugar after a week or two of eating that way.

If ketosis wasn't your goal I'd say don't worry and eat fruit. But since it is, fruit may not be helpful to your cause.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Stop being weak, you control what goes into your mouth, get tough.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing a pretty good job of killing yourself, slowly though it may be.

Suck it up, buttercup! You know what you need to do, and you know it was your choices that led you to this point. You can make the choices to get back to where you want to be.

MrSnstr is offline Junior Member
    Sweets cravings are always a tough one for me too; that coupled with the high availability of everything sweet makes it pretty rough.

It may seem odd; but sauerkraut kills my cravings for sweets, also coconut oil or milk seem to curb it as well(coconut milk in your coffee is amazing!).

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    You said you've been primal before. You know how to play the game. Put up with the cravings a few more days and you'll be in the clear.

That being said, I had a similar situation where I ate crap for a while and got back to the good stuff. It was no cake walk even though I'd been through it before.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Friend: "Ugh, I stopped smoking, again, and it's KILLING me. I mean, I stopped for a while last year, but started smoking again 'cause my life is so stressful. All I want is a cigarette RIGHT NOW. I want to smoke smoke smoke even though I know it's wrecking my health. Have sympathy for me!"

Me: "Nah, my sympathy meter is hovering at about zero right now. Shut it."

I mean...kinda the same thing.

Karyn is offline Junior Member
    I did the same as you went of track. I just sucked it up and got over it. You have to decide what is more important your health or instant gratification.

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    haha, aw not much sympathy going on here! I know what it's like to have all-consumming cravings that are hard to kick. It will get better after it gets worse-- but you know that. Avoid the sweets. I made some homemade chocolate out of equal parts coconut oil & coco powder (with a touch of added honey & vanilla with a dash of salt) and that seems to help because it's also very filling and flavorful. Hang in there! Just have to get through the hard parts!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    As a person who has had a love/hate relationship with her "bad" habits for most of her life, I have to tell you that stress will always come up in life. After college you'll be looking for a job. Then you'll have the stress of that job. Financial stress may kick in when you realize repaying your student loans isn't going to be a lot of fun. Maybe you'll look for a spouse. With a spouse comes other stresses (though spouses can be yummy also). Buying one's first home can be stressful. Kids (I skipped that one, but I've observed the stress with kids). Then you get old and people around you start dying.

IOW, while life is beautiful, it comes with stress. Try hard not to indulge in bad habits in reaction to it. If you love your bad habits, then indulge occasionally for fun so you can really enjoy them. But using them as band aids for stress will hurt you physically and make you emotionally weak.

That was my sucky attempt at a pep talk. I do sympathize with you, but you're young, and it's my duty as a tribal* elder (heh) to at least try to share some of my life's observations with you.

*The tribe of man, not necessarily the primal tribe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast