Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stretching page

That One Guy is offline Junior Member

Stretching

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does anyone do stretching on a regular basis? I do absolutely minimal stretching, but I often feel tight and sore. I've been using a stand up desk for two months, and my lower back has taken on some pain. I also do 2 strength sessions, 1 sprint and 3 hours of walking a week. Does anyone think dedicating 1 day at the end of the week to do a full body stretch, would be beneficial?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Definitely beneficial. I do yoga a few times a week, light stretching before and after each weight routine (2 or 3x a week), and usually have one, hour-long full-body stretch a week. I believe it helps IMMENSELY as far as muscle soreness goes. I used to have chronic lower-back pain/discomfort at the age of 18, but it quickly vanished after I started making stretching a normal part of my routine. Also, i like being a very muscular 6'0", 195 lb, 10% BF who can then stick his head in-between his knees with straight legs. It turns some heads.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    i stretch every morning - i always hate when i have to skip it. by all means, stretch away!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    2nd yoga and making stretching a regular part of your routine.

Ever since I started, my lower back issues are gone (desk job... poor posture)
    I feel like there is more "fluid" in my joints. I felt like an old man at 32... not anymore.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I love exercising, and to keep my passion and body going I really have to work on the recovery side.

I do mobility work plus self-massage prior to every workout, and attempt to stretch every night for at-least 10 minutes. Meditation/walking also helps with recovery. I think that everyone should be working on their recovery, because once your workout load is greater than the recovery on the teeter-totter, you are heading down a bad road.

One day a week would be great, but I think doing it on a more miniscule scale more often is more efficient.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Stretching is a great thing. I have always been extremely flexible but haven't really focused on stretching that much until recently. I now stretch 30 minutes before bed and I stretch 10 minutes after waking up. I injured my back so I have to stretch out a little more to get the juices flowing but Yoga is a great way to not only stretch but build core stregnth as well.

I am going to incorporate Yoga 1-2 days a week into my routine.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    This is something I've wondered about. How did grok stretch? I really doubt that he took some time out of his busy day to sit down and do some stretching... I've wondered if Grok did most of his stretching through the activities he was doing day to day. Anybody else out there have any ideas on how Grok might have stretched?

-Paul

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I would say yes... probably active stertching but he probably didn't have the same issues we have... like sitting down all day in front of a computer (poor posture, stiff joints, etc).

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Haha I wouldn't even try to reason stretching and recovery now and then... Way too many stressors today... On top of that, Grok was most likely doing the third world squat for long periods of time, and that is a great stretch.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Danimal is offline Member
    I warm up and stretch. People say what they want to against it or for it.. but I notice a correlation between laziness on stretching and some old injuries flaring up. When I stretch, they mostly stay at bay... so i draw my own conclusion that it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast