Finally someone else talking about eggshell meal
Eggshells, from Waste to Dental Material - DentistryIQ
Tests performed on rats substantiated the results. Processes such as dental pulp capping, enamel remineralization, tooth whitening and adhesions are all made possible due to biomimetic calcium phosphate obtained from eggshells.
= = = = =
Not exactly the same as the tests on rats reported in the book "Dentinal Fluid Transport" - page 80 (among others)
"Eggshell meal. The cariostatic efficacy of eggshell meal was surprising since the dietary addition of calcium carbonate alone does not reduce dental caries. Apparently eggshell contains a substance which weakly stimulates fluid movement. The potentiating effect of eggshell meal on the action of carbamyl phosphate and to a lesser extend on carbamyl-DL-aspartic acid makes it possible to reduce the effective anticariogenic dose levels of these compounds." [bone meal did not produce the same effect]
== = = = = =
I've been saving my eggshells, but haven't brought myself so far to the point of cooking them again in an oven and pounding them into a powder.
= = =
Eggshells – A Bioavailable Source of Calcium | The Healthy Advocate
Well, I raise my own chickens, but throw away the eggshells--is there something I could be doing with them?
In my opinion meal timing has a huge impact on dentinal fluid transport.
Originally Posted by Denver Dave
I do think that intermittent fasting routines could actively increase the outward motion of the DFT.. at the condition that a highly nutritious meal has been eaten before hand, in order for the body to recover the hormonal balance that regulates the DFT itself.
For nutritious meals i mean all the post that you guys have written about egg shells and fat-soluble vitamins intake.
My initial thoughts on your comment were the dentist glee at your "deep ($$) pockets"
Originally Posted by otzi
Other than that, all very interesting am following discussion.
I started the thread in November, 2012 - thought I'd do an update as of June, 2014
I'm still taking
- vitamin D3 - Jarrrow 400 iu - plan on doubling up next winter
- vitamin K2 - Jarrow MK-7 - 90 micrograms
- Green Pasture fermented cod liver oil - took 1 to 2 capsules daily until this spring, then increased to 4 capsules and have changed to the gel - 1/4 part of a teaspoon 2 to 3 times per day (hard to get started with the gel, but now prefer it)
- eggshell meal (organic) - make my own, just heat in a glass bowl when something else is cooked in the oven and then grind up with a very small coffee grinder to almost a powder - take some once a day or more, sprinkled on food.
- EcoDent tooth powder - can't imagine ever going back to regular toothpaste
- just started oil pulling with coconut oil this week - no opinion at present.
I'm pleased with the effect of the above on my teeth. I had side parts of a few teeth bottoms where the enamel had been eaten away to the dentin. When shining a flashlight on the teeth, had a golden translucent color into the tooth. Dentist was recommending a filling or patch to keep the tooth from continuing to be eaten away. I decided to wait and try above.
Now gold translucent areas have been replaced with a creamy sandy white color. Not as bright a white as the enamel, but definitely not as apparent as before.
How are other people doing?
Last edited by Denver Dave; 06-17-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Tags for this Thread