Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Any primal non-christians here? page 12

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Paleobird-my place, this Friday. Solstice party!!!

Solstice means more to me since I really hate the cold darkness of winter. Celebrate the sun coming back? Oh yeah, count me in.
    Maybe since PrimalCon is always toward summer we could have a Winter Solstice PrimalCon. Gather the tribe around the fire and know that the days will get longer again. Really, they will.

cruncan is offline Member
    To all who said I should get out of the relationship, well tonight I did. I ended it and now I'm a single man. Feels a little weird, but enough is enough and it's time for a change. Where to go now? Any single ladies in the house??? lol
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Heathen is offline Junior Member
    This,
    Quote Originally Posted by mark h View Post
    Infidel here. I'm an atheist. I also like the Buddhist philosophy.
    I also have a hard time respecting someone that believes in the tooth fairy.
    wag more, bark less

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cruncan View Post
    To all who said I should get out of the relationship, well tonight I did. I ended it and now I'm a single man. Feels a little weird, but enough is enough and it's time for a change. Where to go now? Any single ladies in the house??? lol
    Cruncan, my condolences on the pain but congratulations on having the guts to move on from something that wasn't right for you. I had to break up a relationship once for this very same reason. Someone who didn't mind my lack of religiousness at first then started trying to convert me and save my soul. It was a good lesson learned. Tolerance of other points of view is great but basic compatibility still has to be there.

As to single ladies, well yes, but this single lady is old enough to be your mom. Maybe I should become a cougar. All the guys my age seem to be falling apart.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    That's the sadness of guys your age, paleobird. There are a few out there who are fitness-focused, of course, but they are a minority (heck, even guys in their 30s these days are falling apart).

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

As to single ladies, well yes, but this single lady is old enough to be your mom. Maybe I should become a cougar. All the guys my age seem to be falling apart.
    Thanks for the support! If I come to San Diego, I'm going to need a mom!
    Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Hah, I'm single and not falling apart, but I'm a weird age.
    Are you working on your own beliefs? Whatever church you decide on might be a place to find ladies.

On another note, I'm not sure that Gerald Gardner founded Wicca. From what I understand, he just collected the pagan traditions into one logical place and construct. It's not as if Gardner saw the gods himself, as Joseph Smith did* when he founded Mormonism, or that guy who "founded" the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a spoof. It is believed that Gardner cooked up the Wheel of the Year, but that also seemed to be a codification of older traditions.

UU churches are pretty varied. Last week, mine held a Winter Solstice ceremony, complete with leaders in garish robes drawing a circle. I really liked it. Then last night there was a Christmas Eve service with the familiar hymns. Something for everyone I guess.

------------
    *Fun fact: Joseph Smith recounted that his first vision of the Lord occurred when he was meditating in "a grove of trees." Even Smith needed a little help from mother nature.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Are you working on your own beliefs? Whatever church you decide on might be a place to find ladies.
    I'm not working on any beliefs, just kinda going with the flow. One day I'll probably be interested in solveing the universe again, but not right now ha. I would just like a lady with an open mind, that won't judge.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Hah, I'm single and not falling apart, but I'm a weird age.

On another note, I'm not sure that Gerald Gardner founded Wicca. From what I understand, he just collected the pagan traditions into one logical place and construct. It's not as if Gardner saw the gods himself, as Joseph Smith did* when he founded Mormonism, or that guy who "founded" the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a spoof. It is believed that Gardner cooked up the Wheel of the Year, but that also seemed to be a codification of older traditions.

UU churches are pretty varied. Last week, mine held a Winter Solstice ceremony, complete with leaders in garish robes drawing a circle. I really liked it. Then last night there was a Christmas Eve service with the familiar hymns. Something for everyone I guess.

------------
    *Fun fact: Joseph Smith recounted that his first vision of the Lord occurred when he was meditating in "a grove of trees." Even Smith needed a little help from mother nature.
    If you've read the basis of the Thelemic Magick of Crowley (The Book of the Law being the cornerstone), then you realize how much of that system he borrowed. The Wiki article on Gardner has a lot of well-verified information regarding his "revival" of "witchcraft" (read: taking a bunch of stuff that he thought "sounded right" and sticking it together as a semi-cohesive whole)

Gerald Gardner (Wiccan) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Another unwashed heathan with parts intact.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast