Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed for a hard loser to get started page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by phillymny View Post
    Hi All,
    Many thanks for the last few comments, esp. the emphasis on meats and veggies. This morning she had a ham/eggs/mushrooms omelet which I think would be acceptable! She is really not a fan of RED meat, so any suggestions in the protein department are welcomed. I appreciate the comments by Annieh and AussieNana about how eating carbs can trigger the cravings..... Makes sense to me. Best to avoid them as much as possible! I am really appreciating the input!!
    Thanks,
    PhilM
    Yummy breakfast! She won't be missing oatmeal with that inside her.

Red meat such as a tough steak is admittedly not terribly appetising, but a beef brisket simmered gently in a slow cooker all day with veges and seasonings almost melts in your mouth. You can do it with curry, herbs, garlic...whatever to make it a bit different every time.

There are numerous ways to cook chicken but it would be good to mix it up a bit. Pork and crackling is one of the yummiest meals out. Lamb is I guess a red meat - are you sure she could not become a fan, it is one of the most delicious. Roast lamb, grilled chops, soup from the knuckle bone, slowcooker neck chops . . . so many ways to do it and all good. Save the drippings to roast your veges in, nom nom nom.

phillymny is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

I need to put in an update - eating low carb has been causing constipation problems and she has actually gained a few pounds in the last couple weeks - I really have no idea why. She is going to go back to a more "balanced" approach (joy Bauer from NBC's Today Show to be exact) to see if she can start losing again - I'll continue to encourage her to minimize the bad carbs as much as possible, but maybe there is something genetic or otherwise that is holding her back on a strict no-carb regimen. I don't know. But thanks for all the suggestions!!
    PhilM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the update. The constipation is unfortunate, perhaps her body is having trouble to adjusting to the change in diet. No carb is possibly a bit extreme. Even with up to 50-100g per day, weight loss is still possible. I have generally found that eating veges and fats seems to keep everything moving smoothly enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12