Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly question--can you eat too much red meat? page 2

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I hope not! Because 90% of the meat in my freezer is grassfed beef, deer and elk.

Red meat doesn't cause gout. Excess alcohol and fructose (mainly high fructose corn syrup) with meat do. For over a year before going primal, I had this 'gouty' toe infection thing going on, that drs refused to diagnose as gout because a) I dont fit the profile, and b) it alternated between every toe except the big one. It ranged from unmanageable itching to being unable to bear weight from the swelling and pain. Since ditching grains, most processed sugars and HFCS, I have had zero flare ups, and I eat more red meat than ever. So have a steak and a glass of wine, and ditch the burger (on a Wonder bun with ketchup) and beer.
    Good to know! I already avoided HFCS like the plague even before going Primal. Thanks for the info.

Paleobird Guest
    For the liver haters in your life, you can always make pate ; https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

Also see if you can find calf or lamb liver. Younger critters have a milder flavor.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    That sounds wonderful! Thanks for the recipe. A couple of farms at the local market have lamb, so I'll have to ask about the liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    For the liver haters in your life, you can always make pate ; https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

Also see if you can find calf or lamb liver. Younger critters have a milder flavor.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Mm, yes, quick-fried lamb's liver is a beautiful thing.

About the meat... when I first started eating meat again after 20 years' vegetarianism, red meat was glorious - could not get enough of it. Nowadays, I find what I'm hungry for varies with the time of year, my activity level and what I ate the day before. I'm happy just to go along with appetite - I reckon my body knows what it's doing. I expect OP's does, too.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    When I first started eating meat again, I ate a lot, and was never satisfied. I had very strong cravings for steak, lamb chops, etc. This went on for months. I was concerned about eating too much. Especially because I also only wanted to eat the fatty parts.

Now that I've had my fill, I don't seem to want red meat as much. Maybe once or twice a week is enough, and sometimes I feel it's too heavy. The same goes with liver. I love liver, but there are times when I simply don't want it.

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To answer the original question - not unless you are worried about each meal being too awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12