Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where did Paleolithic man get his calcium from? page 4

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    By Euroasian do you mean caucasian? and also, which supplement do you take to get 10,000IU? that would take 25 tablets of my vitamin D supplement.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    By Euroasian do you mean caucasian? and also, which supplement do you take to get 10,000IU? that would take 25 tablets of my vitamin D supplement.
    Tablets suggests you have D2 (plant based) - you need to supplement with D3 (animal based). Humans don't convert D2 to D3 well. And do ensure it's a gelcap (oil based).

Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    Tablets suggests you have D2 (plant based) - you need to supplement with D3 (animal based). Humans don't convert D2 to D3 well. And do ensure it's a gelcap (oil based).
    It says on the box it's Vitamin D3?

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Dairy is actually a poor source of calcium.
    Oh really?

ToldUzo is online now Senior Member
    Or you can just eat your D3 vitamin tablet (if it's not oil based) together with some fatty food like cheese.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Is it ok if it's plant based D3?

???

Bonboncat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    ...If you raise horses, you need to supplement their food with 10mg of iodine and and 20g of calcium. The rda for humans is 150mcg iodine and 1g calcium. So where in the hell do wild horses get that much iodine and calcium?

Turns out, that in the wild, they get all of both from drinking water that standing on the earth (mud puddles) and also from eating the dirt clinging to plant roots they are eating. So, when I see all those wild critters around the world who seem to be doing just fine with the minerals they need to survive, I worry a little bit less.
    Interesting! This might explain why our neighbor's cat specifically comes to our garden once or twice a day to drink from our muddy pond, even though it has a water bowl at home. When I had my own cat I also observed that he would prefer to drink from muddy puddles outside than from his water bowl indoors, I thought he just didn't like the chlorine taste of tap water, but perhaps he also wanted some minerals!

I don't worry about calcium intake either despite not eating much dairy. I figure I get enough from almonds, salmon and green veggies.
    Bonboncat

Former vegan healing from celiac disease, enjoying real food, addicted to coconut and almond butter!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234