Thread: Timing of carbs page

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member

Timing of carbs

Shop Now
    Been reading a lot about this at the moment and also listening to Robb Wolf's podcast last night about the timing of carbs.

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences of this?

On the podcast it talks about backloading and also carb nights and also the possible benefits of saving carbs until later in your day.

It is obviously a minefield of information but I found some of the principles interesting.

I am tempted to start not having any carbs until after 6pm for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. It fits in with me anyway as I like to fast until lunch and then have a big ass salad at lunch.

Thoughts?
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    Been reading a lot about this at the moment and also listening to Robb Wolf's podcast last night about the timing of carbs.

On the podcast it talks about backloading and also carb nights and also the possible benefits of saving carbs until later in your day.

It is obviously a minefield of information but I found some of the principles interesting.

I am tempted to start not having any carbs until after 6pm for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. It fits in with me anyway as I like to fast until lunch and then have a big ass salad at lunch.

Thoughts?
    Eat them whenever you feel like it. In the morning, at night, middle of the night, whatever makes you happy.

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post

Thoughts?
    Depends what your goals are. If its for optimising performance then carb timing can play a role, but only for a genral eating plan there's not much point.