Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 9

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...hey, how's it going Babs, long time no speak. Tough crowd here, eh?!?...hebs

ps...and FWIW, Zach is most definitely not the chief!!!
    Hah! Whatup Hebsie!

I knew it would be a tough crowd, thats why i posted. I think i got maybe 2 people to actually read and comment. Haha.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Because excess dietary fat and protein caused sever inflammation. Low carb caused low thyroid. Together they ruined me. And for everyone saying paleo isnt low carb. That may be so now but 8 years ago when i found it, it certainly was. And noone can say that paleo/primal has alwAys been blaiming carbs.

Mark Sissons version of primal, his thoughts on meat and fat and the carb curve all are theorys. Modeling life after paleo man is a theory.
    It may be a theory but we have seen the results of the high grains Western diet experement.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    It may be a theory but we have seen the results of the high grains Western diet experement.
    What does this even mean? Grains have been around and a staple of peoples diets for thousands of years. You honestly believe that they are the culprit to our obesity and disease epidemic that just happened in the last 60 years or less? Could it maybe have anything to do with engineered food stuffs, cheap plant oils, heavily processed franken-foods, vast amounts of chemicals in our food, water, ground and air. Not to mention the trend towards a sedentary life style brought on by modern advancements and a society consumed with stress.

No it has to be the grains.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    LOL, people like you, Ray Peat/Matt Stone advocates are very funny with all the "You're a close minded paleo folk" and stuff.
    I know thin doesn't mean healthy, been there, done that (the CW way).
    But if you really need people like Matt Stone or Chiefrok who look awfully bad (even their faces look unhealthy and overweight)
    What...? Matt Stone looks good. He's definitely in shape and in good health.

112bw – 180 Degree Health
    http://180degreehealth.com/wp-conten...attStone_2.jpg
    nihil

You need to remember grains are high calorie low nutrition "food"....add that to what you have said and a decrease in activity and there you go.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 11-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    You need to remember grains are high calorie low nutrition "food"....add that to what you have said and a decrease in activity and there you go.
    Thats a really ridiculous assumption. Calories sustain life, there are a few billion Asians that seem to be doing ok on a diet heavy in grains. Bottom line, you cant blame the obesity epidemic on any one thing.

Thats a really ridiculous assumption. Calories sustain life, there are a few billion Asians that seem to be doing ok on a diet heavy in grains. Bottom line, you cant blame the obesity epidemic on any one thing.
    Which part? That I agree with you about processed foods? That grains are high calorie foods with very little nutrition? That there are lots of factors as both I and you have said?
    Very very confused here.
    PS
    There are very good ways to get nutrient dense calories.
    PPS
    Doing OK is not doing well, grains are a good source of calories not much else all you have to do is a tiny amount of research to know that...sigh.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 11-28-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I have been following this guy for years. Hes got some interesting ideas.

So you are interested and skeptical but you have been following him for years?!?
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    That a food that is high calorie and "low nutrition" is ultimately bad and that it has a significant role in obesity.

Not everything needs to be cram packed with vitamins and minerals to be good. There are plenty of people that are healthier then you or I on a diet that most would call fattening or unhealthy. Why are they healthy, and others who "eat clean" or "eat nutrient dense foods" are still striving for the elusive health. Because it is much more complicated then adding or eliminating food groups.

For example, stress is probably the biggest factor in all disease and it can be managed or exacerbated by a plethora of different ways. Someone could be on the ideal diet, whatever that is and still be very unhealthy if they are constantly stressed by their food choices. Also if their food choices happen to cause stress in the body in the form of inflammation or allergy, then that ideal diet is actually very unhealthy although they might not realize it.

So say a person who is eating a heavily meat based diet who is getting severe inflammation from things like tryptophan, arachidonic acid and excess uric acid, all known inflammatory agents. Also along with this, they are eating a low carb diet that is destroying their tyroid health which in turn down regulates thier metabolism which causes them to gain weight on a low calorie, nutrient dense diet.

Now say they replaced a good portion of that meat and meat fat with easily to digest white rice or wheat. They would have much less of that inflammation, they would have a much higher metabolism caused by good glucose levels and they may lose weight.

Food for thought.

EDIT: yes, Chief was a very sporadic blogger, so while some of his posts were interesting and helpful, there wasnt enough to really go on. Now that he is blogging and committing to explaining his ideas, i am very interested but still skeptical.
    Last edited by Zach; 11-28-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So you honestly believe that eating empty calories is good for you...face/palm.
    Sure there are lots of factors in health which I agree with...lol...but given the choice of eating high nutrition foods vs low nutrition foods just to get a sugar hit is daft.
    Adding the high sugar grain instead of protein is also daft, if you want to limit the healthy protein and fat add an extra helping of veg which comes with nutrition along with calories.
    Grains are inflammatory AND produce very poor lipo-protein levels...sigh...wrong forum for you to troll on I am afraid.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 11-28-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast