Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 8

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, NVM. The fish isn't thawed yet but the chicken livers are jiggling all over the place in their bowl now. Liver tonight!

And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine.
    I see.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    "And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine."

"I see."

I see it as the end of an era - When I was a kid, you could throw around the R word willy nilly
    and it wasn't politically incorrect as no one was using it as a derogatory term towards the disabled,
    it just meant you were a freaking doofus.

Just like I can't say to my kids "dude, that's so farking gay" - which really means, "that is SO LAME".

Nothing to do with one's sexual orientation, but if I said that to my 10 and 7yo, they would THINK it
    did because that's what they know the word "gay" to mean.

So now I just have to say lame and save "gay" for my 47yo sister who "gets that meaning".

However, I understand you can't even say "lame" in grammar school anymore either because it is
    said to insult those who can not walk or in wheel chairs.

Oy.

But hey, my 44yo self can definitely get by changing my vernacular to "lame and ricola".

And the only time I *ever* use the N word, is to make a statement, like, Nigga Please!

But only to other white people, because it's funny, cuz I'm white - and, it's a saying - but I
    certainly wouldn't say it to a black person.

Even my old next door neighbor, who was/is a 6'7 black dude and ex 49'er football player - HE
    would say to ME "what is up my N-ah!" and I would say to him, "what is up my caucasian!"

Just for shits and giggles.... but never the other way around, I wouldn't dare, cuz I ain't gots the
    rights, bein' white and all.

Okay, soliloquy over. Sorry.

Julie

otzi Guest
    I hear lots of young people saying "re-re" lately. As in, 'don't be a re-re'. When I was a kid, we called everyone 'Sped's', because that's what it said on their door in school (sp. ed.) Also, remember the 'short bus' jokes. Funny how things come and go.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    re-re's back in fashion? that's what people said when i was in high school

kids are so lame and unoriginal
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Having worked with an organization that serves people with severe mental and intellectual disabilities in the past, I've learned that the issue around terms like "speds" and "retard" and the "short bus" jokes aren't in the terms themselves, but rather, how they are used. Most often, they are used in a context that singles out a particular group of individuals in a disrespectful manner. Oftentimes, this isn't the intent, but people just don't even realize that they are doing it.

The issue then, is to be more aware of the CONTEXT you are using such terms in, and being certain that you are not using it in an offensive manner. In most cases, I find it easier simply to not use the terms at all.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    The issue then, is to be more aware of the CONTEXT you are using such terms in, and being certain that you are not using it in an offensive manner. In most cases, I find it easier simply to not use the terms at all.
    But what really pisses me off is when somebody makes that hand gesture where you slap your shoulder and say 'duhhhhh'

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?
    Why do these threads involving people who are slightly? disturbed take on such a life? If you met this individual outside your shopping mart waving printed crap and calling you to hear the truth would you stand around and glad hand the moron and waste your time? For myself, people who do this outside of shopping stores give me the creeps, same with this guy.
    Last edited by Moochy; 11-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You agree, then.
    No, I don't. Calling someone a 'nigger' or 'gay' or 'retard' is a double insult, because you're both insulting them *and* the group of people who that term more correctly applies to (and you know what? Most intellectually retarded people are NOT internet trolls). Over time these words become infused with multiple meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Rarely is anyone going to call somebody "mentally delayed", because the connotation is so different.

I have never, as far as I can recall used the N word, or typed or written it. There is no excuse for it. I'm surprised somebody afraid to say "retard" would even type that word. I feel dirty for seeing the word. Let's just move forward, shall we?
    The connotation *isn't* different. You're using an insult to a person, that also insults all of the people that that term can be applied to. Most of the people on this thread objecting to your use of the term know people who could be classified as retarded. You're just sensitive to the history of one word (nigger) and how it has more than one context.

Well guess what? We're telling you that retard has more than one meaning too, in exactly the same way.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Timthetaco Guest
    This thread certainly changed from when I last saw it.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The only things i know from him are his blog posts and comments.
    ...hey, how's it going Babs, long time no speak. Tough crowd here, eh?!?...hebs

ps...and FWIW, Zach is most definitely not the chief!!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast