Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 7

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry, knifegill, it's just how I was raised. I don't use retard, gimp, nigger, etc., because these are used as derogatory terms used to refer to whole groups of people. I believe using these terms diminish the user more than they do the intended target. ymmv.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Knifegill, 'retarded' really just means 'delayed' or 'late' (or at least, that's what it originally meant, and what it still means in french). So 'intellectually retarded' is equivalent to 'mentally delayed'. How is it offensive to describe someone with downs syndrome as being mentally delayed? They are.

'Disabled' was taken up as a replacement for 'retarded' because of the social baggage and stigma that came with it being used as an insult (like 'gay' and 'fag').
    You agree, then. Rarely is anyone going to call somebody "mentally delayed", because the connotation is so different.

Sorry, knifegill, it's just how I was raised. I don't use retard, gimp, nigger, etc., because these are used as derogatory terms used to refer to whole groups of people. I believe using these terms diminish the user more than they do the intended target. ymmv.
    I have never, as far as I can recall used the N word, or typed or written it. There is no excuse for it. I'm surprised somebody afraid to say "retard" would even type that word. I feel dirty for seeing the word. Let's just move forward, shall we?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ugh, another paleo sheep. How long have you been doing "primal" or whatever you want to call it? I did by the book Cordains version of paleo for over 2 years and a bit slacker Sissons primal for another year which involved more fruit and a bit of dairy. I ate literal pounds of meat and veg everyday, mutliple pieces of fruit, handfuls of nuts, beef tallow to cook, raw milk, 5+ eggs a day. Everything was grassfed, organic, free range, blah blah.

Everything has a context, sometimes a cw diet can and will be healthier for someone then a "clean" whole foods based diet. Removing neolithic foods simply because some guru says so without understanding how your body works is simply moronic.

Yes when you finally remove the paleo blinders, many things become clear.

P.S. i know very little about Chief, i have never met him and dont even fast or feast like he prescribes but i have been influenced by some of his posts, namely "fukitol" and "Crush Kill Destroy Stress". If anyone wants to get off their own high horse and give them a read, you might be surprised. If not, oh well. Go back to taking Mark's word for every thing you can and cannot eat.
    You know too much about this nobody to not be him. And I invented the drug fukitol when I was 17 years old, it's written in black marker on the dashboard of a Nissan Sentra somewhere in Idaho.

I don't take Mark's word completely. Lately he's been advocating relatively wise advice (more carbs) that may work for broad ranges of people, but I've already dialed in my eating pattern and am not budging. Nevertheless, he was the first guru I know of to use the big picture, a whole-life approach based on common sense, science, and practicality with massive anecdotal support instead of food lists and silly rules. He admits, like any sane person will, that science will always sculpt the nutrition field and we'll have to adapt new knowledge, try it out, see what works for whom, etc. And he's in the kind of shape I've finally gotten into, and would like to be in at his age.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you're such a sheep, knifegill
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    The only things i know from him are his blog posts and comments.

you're such a sheep, knifegill

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    gah now i'm hungry again
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Me, too. Out of bacon, as well. Will eat fish tonight! I think the beef heart has probably turned by now. We ate most of it, though! It's not easy to eat an entire beef heart. Next time I'll freeze half of it.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Navy87Guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?
    Is troll primal? I guess we should make sure he's being grass fed, huh? :-)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I have never, as far as I can recall used the N word, or typed or written it. There is no excuse for it. I'm surprised somebody afraid to say "retard" would even type that word. I feel dirty for seeing the word. Let's just move forward, shall we?
    And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast