Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 6

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    You're just all cranky because Chief Rok knows more then you. Chief Rok knows more then anyone.

BTW, Blog by CHIEFROK generates tons of fun anagrams, including Beg or filch, boy!, Beg... rob... filch... yo!, Chef, or glib boy?, By gob, he frolic, and a few thousand more...

Chief Rok = IF Choker

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    yif!!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?
    But, but... I just ran out and bought some Purina Troll Chow.

Another thought... Could we all not stoop to using "retard," as an insult? It really is a terrible thing to call someone in that it refers to an actual condition that some people have. I mean you wouldn't insult someone by saying, "you fucking amputee," would you? Sorry, to sound preachy, but I've known some "mentally retarded" people who were lovely, and comparing their deficiency to some dickwad on the internet kinda hurts me.

Betcha didn't know I was the senistive type.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

Another thought... Could we all not stoop to using "retard," as an insult? It really is a terrible thing to call someone in that it refers to an actual condition that some people have. I mean you wouldn't insult someone by saying, "you fucking amputee," would you? Sorry, to sound preachy, but I've known some "mentally retarded" people who were lovely, and comparing their deficiency to some dickwad on the internet kinda hurts me.

omg, fucking funny right there - thank you for the laugh

and blooodorchid - the feltch reference made me want to

v
    o
    m
    i
    t

winner

julie

p.s. i concur with the "retarded" reference - i prefer to use moronic even though it packs less of
    a punch, but no one is offended

also, in my family, instead of saying "retarded", my husband and I say, true to the commercial's
    form, riiiiiiiiiiiiiicoooooooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaa!

this way we have a name for our children's stupid actions, yet, don't get offended ourselves, and
    the kids are none the wiser

try it - RIIIIIICOOOOOOOLAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ricola, the throat lozenge, if anyone is clueless
    Last edited by InSearchOfAbs; 11-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    As long as it's grass-fed troll chow.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Zach, it sounds like you might have failed to focus on complete nutrition during your alleged Primal experience. That doesn't mean Primal is wrong, but it indicates a few things. Perhaps it's not right for you, or perhaps your version was a little lacking in overall nutrient density, or one specific nutrient. Biotin, perhaps. But it's pretty obvious you either ARE the guy you're talking about or know him personally. And, like Durianrider, you seem to simply have a vendetta out against Sisson for all the lives he's changed. I mean, how DARE he assemble a lifestyle that has resolved ALL my chronic pain and turned my blubber-tummy into abs of glory? Something surely must be done!

I'll never understand the anti-Sisson faction. He's only helped us. And if it didn't work out for you, fine. But why come here like this? It makes no sense. Grow up, move on and do what works!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 11-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

namelesswonder is online now Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    p.s. i concur with the "retarded" reference - i prefer to use moronic even though it packs less of
    a punch, but no one is offended

also, in my family, instead of saying "retarded", my husband and I say, true to the commercial's
    form, riiiiiiiiiiiiiicoooooooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaa!

this way we have a name for our children's stupid actions, yet, don't get offended ourselves, and
    the kids are none the wiser

try it - RIIIIIICOOOOOOOLAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ricola, the throat lozenge, if anyone is clueless
    Thank you. I never know what to say when people start slinging around "retarded", but it really bothers me. I find it incredibly offensive. My little brother has Down Syndrome.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Why would you equate Down's Syndrome with "retarded"? That's offensive. Disabled people aren't retards. Retards are retards. We all grew up saying retard and there's no excuse for letting it get taken away from us. It's an insult applied to people who are doing foolish things. No more. When you start stretching it over actual disabilities, you're creating crimes where there are none. What about idiot, moron and other terms like that? At what point do you stop outlawing words? If you decide to tell me that "pizza" also refers to people with down's syndrome, does that give you the right to tell me not to say "pizza"? No.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill, 'retarded' really just means 'delayed' or 'late' (or at least, that's what it originally meant, and what it still means in french). So 'intellectually retarded' is equivalent to 'mentally delayed'. How is it offensive to describe someone with downs syndrome as being mentally delayed? They are.

'Disabled' was taken up as a replacement for 'retarded' because of the social baggage and stigma that came with it being used as an insult (like 'gay' and 'fag').
    Last edited by magicmerl; 11-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Zach is offline Banned
    Ugh, another paleo sheep. How long have you been doing "primal" or whatever you want to call it? I did by the book Cordains version of paleo for over 2 years and a bit slacker Sissons primal for another year which involved more fruit and a bit of dairy. I ate literal pounds of meat and veg everyday, mutliple pieces of fruit, handfuls of nuts, beef tallow to cook, raw milk, 5+ eggs a day. Everything was grassfed, organic, free range, blah blah.

Everything has a context, sometimes a cw diet can and will be healthier for someone then a "clean" whole foods based diet. Removing neolithic foods simply because some guru says so without understanding how your body works is simply moronic.

Yes when you finally remove the paleo blinders, many things become clear.

P.S. i know very little about Chief, i have never met him and dont even fast or feast like he prescribes but i have been influenced by some of his posts, namely "fukitol" and "Crush Kill Destroy Stress". If anyone wants to get off their own high horse and give them a read, you might be surprised. If not, oh well. Go back to taking Mark's word for every thing you can and cannot eat.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast