Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    But this is not what he is about. His claims are that he can make anyone lose fat and keep it off forever with diet and lifestyle changes alone all while eating what most would consider an excess of calories. Weightlifting is not a stipulation of what he is claiming.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    I suspect he is using his musculature to try to establish his bonafides as a fat-loss guru bec.he believes it potentially more profitable at this point in time. There is a well-known "strength guru" that touted bodyweight exercises alone as the key to fitness/STRENGTH USING his special exercises with clever names. On the cover of his book he is shown with the muscles from his weightlifting days when he was touting the iron game. Bait and switch.
    To paraphrase ano ...an open mind is like an open mouth
    made to be closed on something solid.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post
    A bunch of incoherent, fact-free crap and a plea for $10,000 so he can sell you more of it?

How about: NO.
    Yeah, so far he's gotten 18 people to send him about 2 grand collectively (so he says). And if he gets to the 10 grand mark THEN he will reveal the answer to Life the Universe and Everything.

The answer will be, "This is how you get a bunch of suckers to pay for your bariatric surgery. Put up a bogus website with some badass attitude and just watch the cash come in. See? Effortless weight loss without dieting."

No, thankyouverymuch.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    For those who have never heard of Chief Rok, probably most here, he is a guy who is claiming to know the answers to fat loss. He has a blog over here Blog by CHIEFROK (WFS). He is an off shoot from Matt Stones 180degreehealth website and we all know everyone loves to hate that guy.

I am really interested in what this guy is doing, very skeptical but interested. I encourage all of you to check it out, and comment on his site after reading a few of his most popular articles, mainly about fasting, feasting and stress.

Oh and he called out Stephen Guyent on his food reward theory and also Sisson on his carb curve theory.
    What an idiot... that's all I have to say!

Zach is offline Banned
    What else would i expect from someone with paleo in their username. Try reading at least the main post i linked to before making a ridiculous post.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The site really gives no information about what his diet entails. None of us are going to pay to find out, since I'm pretty sure most people here are happy with the diet they are currently consuming.

-Hoarding: Um...he's saying he wants this to be free, but he's hoarding information. Just comparing to MDA... Mark makes TONS of his information free on the site, including e-books if you sign up for the newsletter.
    -Back-up: He links to no articles beyond his site or any science to back up his theories. This is just his n=1. If that works for him, great, but why should I believe it works for me? He's just one man.
    -He says stuff about not eating like a modern day Westerner...but that's what his example meals look like.

I know this probably sounds petty, but man, his typos and awkward grammar make his site look pretty stupid to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Facts here:
    - that guy is a fat fuck, he doesnt know shit about diets
    - the first money on that page probably came from friends (or himself) to make other people more likely to pay too
    - everyone who goes on a page like that, stays AND starts talking in a positive manner about it is mentally retarded (no exceptions)
    - saying "i am as sceptical as you guys" doesnt make you less retarded

If you are interested in what he has to say, donate money, then kindly shut your tardmouth, tyvm

napoleon1815 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Facts here:
    - that guy is a fat fuck, he doesnt know shit about diets
    - the first money on that page probably came from friends (or himself) to make other people more likely to pay too
    - everyone who goes on a page like that, stays AND starts talking in a positive manner about it is mentally retarded (no exceptions)
    - saying "i am as sceptical as you guys" doesnt make you less retarded

If you are interested in what he has to say, donate money, then kindly shut your tardmouth, tyvm
    You are right...he doesn't know anything about diets. He doesn't diet nor does he believe in diets. That's the point. You are typical of the "holier than thou" Paleo eater. It goes against the Gospel of Sisson so it can't be true. So who's the "mentally retarded" one? The one who blindly follows something or the one with the open mind?

napoleon1815 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, so far he's gotten 18 people to send him about 2 grand collectively (so he says). And if he gets to the 10 grand mark THEN he will reveal the answer to Life the Universe and Everything.

The answer will be, "This is how you get a bunch of suckers to pay for your bariatric surgery. Put up a bogus website with some badass attitude and just watch the cash come in. See? Effortless weight loss without dieting."

No, thankyouverymuch.
    So you will forgo the knowlege because not enough people "liked" him...and show me where it says he will only reveal this knowledge for money? BTW...how are Mark's supplements? Are they free?

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    paleo and primal are not low carb
    sigged.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast