Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That Chief Rok guy looks sorta fat to me, like he eats a great deal, probably well over 4000 calories a day. He also looks like he lifts a lot of weights. You can eat more carbs when you lift weights. In fact, unless you eat a great deal you can't get muscles as big as that. His body is actually not human normal. The guy in the pictures that Daydreamer posted are more what a normal human male looks like. And since those aboriginals in the pictures that Daydreamer posted looked like they lived in the tropics, I'm guessing they are probably consuming quite a large ratio of starchy root vegetables along with nuts, fruit, meat and possibly coconuts. A primal diet, basically.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy87Guy View Post
    Then why are you here? If you're trying to convince people to consider another point of view, you're doing a lousy job. All you're doing is coming across as whiny and bitter. Your "role model" is a pudgy guy who brags about how much he can eat without gaining weight...but I think he forgot to look in the mirror.

If the Primal lifestyle didn't work for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on.
    I was surfing last night and see that people are flooding all the blog comments with pleas to go to this Chief Rok site and pledge some money...kinda strange.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon1815 View Post
    I don't consider myself a close-minded guy. I was a huge Sisson/Paleo guy. For almost a year I followed it...ate only grass-fed meats...avoided grains and potatoes like the plague. "Looked" better sure but felt rotten. Once I started eating more carbs the warm and life came back into me. Beat being cold and dizzy all day. I am glad you are totally anti-carb. My point is, I am not speaking out of ignorance. I've been there I lost 188lbs in under a year doing it and I certainly learned a lot of things along the way. The biggest are (1) calories DO NOT matter at all for successful weight loss, (2) avoiding carbs (especially when doing any intense exercise) is big mistake, (3) stress is the single most important factor in weight gain, and (4) if you are working out for more than an hour a week you are over doing it.
    paleo and primal are not low carb
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont know where people are getting the he is fat thing, from the facebook pics, by his muscle size, he must be pretty lean. He also claims at 32" waist at 210lbs 6'1.

Again im not here to hype him or get people to donate. He is asking for views and comments. He wants people to be skeptical. He wants haters. Thats the point of this thread, i want people who i know are biased to read some of his articles and see what he has to say. Challange him, read his future posts. He is making some pretty big claims and people can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for myself, i did strict paleo for over two years, then primal, then carnivore. Throughout the whole time my health deteriorated, i got fatter and my thyroid got destroyed. People like Peat, Stone and even Durian Rider showed me that there was more to it then just eating whole foods and avoids certain neolithic foods.

Primal is just a theory. Most that are the hardcore believers have not even been on the diet long enough to know how it effects them. Paleo dogma is just as dangerous as vegan propaganda.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I dont know where people are getting the he is fat thing, from the facebook pics, by his muscle size, he must be pretty lean. He also claims at 32" waist at 210lbs 6'1.

Again im not here to hype him or get people to donate. He is asking for views and comments. He wants people to be skeptical. He wants haters. Thats the point of this thread, i want people who i know are biased to read some of his articles and see what he has to say. Challange him, read his future posts. He is making some pretty big claims and people can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for myself, i did strict paleo for over two years, then primal, then carnivore. Throughout the whole time my health deteriorated, i got fatter and my thyroid got destroyed. People like Peat, Stone and even Durian Rider showed me that there was more to it then just eating whole foods and avoids certain neolithic foods.

Primal is just a theory. Most that are the hardcore believers have not even been on the diet long enough to know how it effects them. Paleo dogma is just as dangerous as vegan propaganda.
    Are you sure you were following paleo/primal?!? I am not sure how cutting out grains made you unhealthy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Primal is short for Primal Blueprint, not a theory, but a book by Mark Sisson. It has Paleo underpinnings. What I love about PB is that it doesn't cave to Paleo dogma, but let's people choose their own path based on them. If you destroyed your health and thyroid following the Primal Blueprint, well, I got nothin' far ya.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    paleo and primal are not low carb
    What I was thinking.

It's true I am relatively new to the paleo/primal lifestyle, but I have never thought it to be a low carb way of eating. It's a right carb way of eating. As in I get them from fruits/veg instead of bread/grain. Skeptics always focus on the meat because it's an easy target. 1/2 my plate is plant food at every meal = good carbs.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Are you sure you were following paleo/primal?!? I am not sure how cutting out grains made you unhealthy.
    Because excess dietary fat and protein caused sever inflammation. Low carb caused low thyroid. Together they ruined me. And for everyone saying paleo isnt low carb. That may be so now but 8 years ago when i found it, it certainly was. And noone can say that paleo/primal has alwAys been blaiming carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Primal is short for Primal Blueprint, not a theory, but a book by Mark Sisson. It has Paleo underpinnings. What I love about PB is that it doesn't cave to Paleo dogma, but let's people choose their own path based on them. If you destroyed your health and thyroid following the Primal Blueprint, well, I got nothin' far ya.
    Mark Sissons version of primal, his thoughts on meat and fat and the carb curve all are theorys. Modeling life after paleo man is a theory.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    He looks fat. Sorry, but his face is fat and he appears to have about 3/4" of softness over his muscles. His muscles are overly large as one would expect from someone who either drank a gallon of milk a day or consumed over 4000 calories a day while lifting weights. His appearance is not natural. He got that way lifting weights. There's nothing wrong with lifting weights. I lift weights. But to claim it's all about his diet, whatever the hell it is, is false. It's all about his weight lifting. He could get that appearance eating Carl's Jr. and twinkies (well, if twinkies still existed.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast