Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 2

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Bahaha he looks really, really bad for someone who discovered the "secret" to fat loss.

And 4 likes on Facebook, oh my.
    So you're here to promote him, hu ?
    My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone else promote that ridiculous Facebook page?!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, he's big, but not lean by any standard.
    He looks like a meathead, muscular and fat.
    And he talks about FAT LOSS not muscle gains.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Zach is offline Banned
    I already said why i posted this. Read a bit of his older posts before you pass judgement. Im skeptical just like anyone.

napoleon1815 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Yeah, he's big, but not lean by any standard.
    He looks like a meathead, muscular and fat.
    And he talks about FAT LOSS not muscle gains.
    So what is the ideal look then? Grok? That's a fantasy. Look at cultures over the world now that are primal or have just recently been "discovered." None of these people look like the fictional Grok. Most are physically much smaller than Westerners and potbellied. I did the Primal thing for almost a year from this site. Sure I lost weight but also lost my health. Thin does not mean healthy. I found Mat and later Chief and now I am rocking in health. Eat the food..and make it mostly carbs. The whole "carbs cause massive spikes in insulin and make you fat" is a lie.

That being said, read his articles and let me know without the Paleo glasses on.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

"and yes, calories DO count my little piggies"

Prove it. Read this: Blog by CHIEFROK

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    LOL, people like you, Ray Peat/Matt Stone advocates are very funny with all the "You're a close minded paleo folk" and stuff.
    I know thin doesn't mean healthy, been there, done that (the CW way).
    But if you really need people like Matt Stone or Chiefrok who look awfully bad (even their faces look unhealthy and overweight) to justify that you don't have the will to do what it takes to look leaner and that you crave to "eat all you want" that's not my freakin' problem.

Maybe we need BALANCE.

I don't believe in the "insulin spike" theory, it's much more subtle than that, on the hormonal system...etc
    I don't think carbs are necessarily the enemies, in excess yeah they can be harmful. I just know for a fact that my blood tests are better in several ways when I eat moderate carbs and high fats (hormones and everything) and that I function better. That's it.

But your "Eat the food and mostly carbs" shouldn't be a dogma.

Carbs aren't the enemy, they aren't an amazing friend either.

Oh and
    http://www.ms-starship.com/sciencene...md38NK5283.jpg
    http://www.staffanlindeberg.com/Kita...les/000016.jpg
    http://primalmovers.files.wordpress....4/kitava01.jpg
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Hbgqsxm4vthT-Q
    http://www.annacampbell.tv/blog/wp-c...airura-man.jpg

They all look leaner and stronger than all of the sedentary people I see when I'm outside.
    And they don't really "workout", they don't sit on their ass all day that's a fact but they naturally have a healthier looking physique.

You asked for it
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Navy87Guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon1815 View Post
    So what is the ideal look then? Grok? That's a fantasy. Look at cultures over the world now that are primal or have just recently been "discovered." None of these people look like the fictional Grok. Most are physically much smaller than Westerners and potbellied. I did the Primal thing for almost a year from this site. Sure I lost weight but also lost my health. Thin does not mean healthy. I found Mat and later Chief and now I am rocking in health. Eat the food..and make it mostly carbs. The whole "carbs cause massive spikes in insulin and make you fat" is a lie.

That being said, read his articles and let me know without the Paleo glasses on.
    Then why are you here? If you're trying to convince people to consider another point of view, you're doing a lousy job. All you're doing is coming across as whiny and bitter. Your "role model" is a pudgy guy who brags about how much he can eat without gaining weight...but I think he forgot to look in the mirror.

If the Primal lifestyle didn't work for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on.

I don't consider myself a close-minded guy. I was a huge Sisson/Paleo guy. For almost a year I followed it...ate only grass-fed meats...avoided grains and potatoes like the plague. "Looked" better sure but felt rotten. Once I started eating more carbs the warm and life came back into me. Beat being cold and dizzy all day. I am glad you are totally anti-carb. My point is, I am not speaking out of ignorance. I've been there I lost 188lbs in under a year doing it and I certainly learned a lot of things along the way. The biggest are (1) calories DO NOT matter at all for successful weight loss, (2) avoiding carbs (especially when doing any intense exercise) is big mistake, (3) stress is the single most important factor in weight gain, and (4) if you are working out for more than an hour a week you are over doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy87Guy View Post
    Then why are you here? If you're trying to convince people to consider another point of view, you're doing a lousy job. All you're doing is coming across as whiny and bitter. Your "role model" is a pudgy guy who brags about how much he can eat without gaining weight...but I think he forgot to look in the mirror.

If the Primal lifestyle didn't work for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on.
    I am here because I saw the post and everyone jumping down the guys throat about roids, how he looked, etc., but NOT ONE person read anything on his site and posted anything in agreement or disagreement. I am not a Paleo hater...it was a good overall experience for me...however when I hit the wall it all turned around with his work.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast