Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc page 11

Jmagic is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not everything needs to be cram packed with vitamins and minerals to be good.
    This is just a silly statement all together, honestly. Please explain why you think that empty calories can = good calories.

Also along with this, they are eating a low carb diet that is destroying their tyroid health which in turn down regulates their metabolism which causes them to gain weight on a low calorie, nutrient dense diet.
    Do not confuse paleo with ketogenic diets. Most paleo people have a good amount of carbs coming from fruits and vegetables (all nutrient dense). I, for one, eat a lot of sweet potatoes to get between 150-200g carbs per day because I'm physically active.

Now say they replaced a good portion of that meat and meat fat with easily to digest white rice or wheat. They would have much less of that inflammation, they would have a much higher metabolism caused by good glucose levels and they may lose weight.
    Why wouldn't that person replace those things with more fruits or vegetables instead? There is no reason to eat white rice or wheat unless one is an athlete that needs more than 300g+ carbs per day to fuel their workout. Most people are sedentary and only need somewhere between 75-150g carbs per day, if even that much.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I think i already gave a good scenario in my last post. Also i never said nutrition wasnt important, i think you are misusing the word.

Its natural to be angry when confronted with a conflicting point of view but try to take the blinders off for a minute and reread what i wrote.
    Try and backpeddle some more....lol...how many years have you bee following him for again?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmagic View Post
    This is just a silly statement all together, honestly. Please explain why you think that empty calories can = good calories.

Do not confuse paleo with ketogenic diets. Most paleo people have a good amount of carbs coming from fruits and vegetables (all nutrient dense). I, for one, eat a lot of sweet potatoes to get between 150-200g carbs per day because I'm physically active.

Why wouldn't that person replace those things with more fruits or vegetables instead? There is no reason to eat white rice or wheat unless one is an athlete that needs more than 300g+ carbs per day to fuel their workout. Most people are sedentary and only need somewhere between 75-150g carbs per day, if even that much.

Exactly! But as a follower of durrianrider and the chief you are going to get some way out-there claims.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Sometimes people become so deranged and orthorexic about their diets that only way to save them is the pizza and beer diet. I have seen it a hundred times over and you wont get it until it happens to you.

I didnt use the word paleo once.

Because eating only fruits and vegetables is just playing into the orthorexic mindset nonsense. Grains have never been and never will be a cause of disease unless your talking gluten and celiac. And once again it is far to complicated to blame gluten as the driving factor, sure it exacerbates the probelm, but is it the root cause? Also have you ever questioned what you know about carbs? I dont agree with your thoughts on how many carbs people need.
    Last edited by Zach; 11-29-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Try and backpeddle some more....lol...how many years have you bee following him for again?
    If anything its you thats backpeddling. I have written out thoughtful statements and you have responded with one name calling, sarcasm and accusations. Its all good though because someday you just might understand what i am talking about. Also it keeps this post bumped.

Alex is offline Junior Member
    I don't get the majority of people on this thread either calling Zach a troll or just responding to him seemingly looking for an argument. And Zach, why are you bothering to respond to the people simply repeating the paleo/primal mantra to you. They obviously seem to think their way of eating/living is the best, just ignore them and hopefully they will stop trolling this thread.

That said, despite the bold claim in the title of this thread (which I assume was to attract people to a somewhat obscure thread for the paleo-sphere), I think Zach's intention was to get some people on this forum that had some interest in alternative health/lifestyle/dietary views to read and discuss those on Chief's blog. Yes, despite the fact that all the primals trolling this thread seem to be in great health, there are some on this forum following this lifestyle that aren't doing so well and may be looking for alternative ideas.

And as far as all the comments regarding Chief just trying to get people to give him money - he primarily seems to want to get people interested in his blog, which in turn is definitely a way for him to generate money through donations. The donations will support a project he has started to help disadvantaged/at-risk native american youth. This is what he is passionate about and is using his knowledge and blog to generate funding. Yes these are all just claims and I am as skeptical as any of you. But the purpose of this thread isn't to get people to donate money, but rather get people involved in a discussion on his blog.

Zach and Chief - please correct me if I was in err in any of my statements.
    Last edited by Alex; 11-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Thanks Alex, good post. This is getting a bit off subject and those who want to learn more or think they know it all about carbs, calories, etc should do themselves a favor and check out other blogs like 180degreehealth.com, dannyroddy.com and others who have opposing views of the paleo websites. They might just learn a thing or two.

Sometimes people become so deranged and orthorexic about their diets that only way to save them is the pizza and beer diet. I have seen it a hundred times over and you wont get it until it happens to you.

I didnt use the word paleo once.
    OK so this is a different Zach...ROFL

As for myself, i did strict paleo for over two years, then primal, then carnivore. Throughout the whole time my health deteriorated, i got fatter and my thyroid got destroyed. People like Peat, Stone and even Durian Rider showed me that there was more to it then just eating whole foods and avoids certain neolithic foods.

Primal is just a theory. Most that are the hardcore believers have not even been on the diet long enough to know how it effects them. Paleo dogma is just as dangerous as vegan propaganda.
    Because eating only fruits and vegetables is just playing into the orthorexic mindset nonsense. Grains have never been and never will be a cause of disease unless your talking gluten and celiac. And once again it is far to complicated to blame gluten as the driving factor, sure it exacerbates the probelm, but is it the root cause? Also have you ever questioned what you know about carbs? I dont agree with your thoughts on how many carbs people need.
    Grains are linked to more than just celiac, there are many people who are wheat sensitive, leaky gut, etc. If you want to eat grains which are mostly sugar be my guest but nutrient dense fruit and veg are a much better carb source.

If anything its you thats backpeddling. I have written out thoughtful statements and you have responded with one name calling, sarcasm and accusations. Its all good though because someday you just might understand what i am talking about. Also it keeps this post bumped.
    Thoughtful statemens like eat empty calories?!? LOL.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 11-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Sorry bud but you just don't know what you are talking about.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    then tell him exactly what you mean, if him going by the words you type is wrong, zach

also, can you (i'm serious here) explain why modern wheat is okay to eat when my body reacts negatively to it in the form of hormonal problems and widespread bodyache
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast