Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Check this out...new restaurant opened near me page 4

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My girlfriend and I ate there on Friday afternoon, after showing up a bit too late on Thursday evening for the holiday hours.

The first thing I noticed when we walked in was how loud/bad the music was. In a restaurant where you will need to place your order in up to 4 locations, depending on drinks, desserts, etc... I think the music was pretty counterproductive.

Since we had eaten a late breakfast, we weren't all that hungry, but I wanted to try a lot of food so I got the miso chicken on root veggie mash and a stuffed bell pepper. She got one of the fruit bowls and some roasted pineapple. She really liked the chia pudding. As for me, all of my food was bland. The chicken didn't have any distinctive flavor, and the root veggie mash lacked direction (I wanted either salty, spicy or savory...not just sweet mush). I ate the stuffed pepper cold, so it obviously wasn't as good of an experience as it could've been, but I still found it to be rather bland.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Quickfeet101 is offline Junior Member
    Aw, UniqueTII, I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you expected. I really loved their website and the food sounded great. My bf is from the area and we visit from time to time and I'd still want to try it out. I hope the blandness was a rare thing or will adjust. The restaurant is such an interesting and intriguing concept. I want it to be great.

Chocotaco, I love your site, too. I learned how to cook steak there! I have historically not been a very good cook, but since going primal, my food tastes so much better. Probably the ingredients, especially the fats. So deeply satisfying.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish the restaurant all of the success in the world and would give them another shot next time I'm in NYC, I just hope the taste of the food is made to mirror the quality. I also had one of their fudge brownies, which just strengthened my disgust for replacement foods.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234