Thread: Non-enriched Rice page

Non-enriched Rice

Shop Now
    Where do i find it? All I can find at stores is the enriched kind. Since I wash my rice anyway, there is no point in having the chemical bath put on, but I can't find anybody that sells it like that.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    In the US you are basically stuck with enriched white rice, or non-white rice. Maybe an asian market will have some white that isn't enriched but by law white rice = enriched rice in the US.

Parboiled, brown, basmati, black, glutenous, etc. are not enriched as far as I know.

Well, that is distressing to hear, but thanks for the answer. Guess it is just another example of our government making us unhealthier one regulation at a time.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Enrichment measurably improves public health in places with poor fresh food availability (third world, school cafeterias). The argument is that it does you less harm to wash your rice than it does people in Africa/public school to not have the enrichment - probably correct but kinda sad.

Inability to get non-enriched white rice = first world problem in the least ironic sense.