Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Crack page

stagemom23 is offline Junior Member

Coconut Crack

Primal Fuel
    I saw on another post that someone was going to make the "coconut crack" bars from chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    I just made a batch this morning before going to work and have just now cut them into bars, drizzled them with melted dark chocolate and decorated with sliced almonds. So fudgin' good!! It's like a primal Almond Joy bar! If you need something sweet and don't want to stray too far from the flock, please try one of these! They are truly addictive!!

No-Bake Coconut Crack Bars

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, now dip 'em in dark chocolate...

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I had posted that Glad you liked them!

I did a trial run on the food processor my grandmother gave me and it doesn't work very well.... so I didn't make them. Did you use a food processor or just mix it all together?

Any recommendations on an inexpensive food processor for small recipes?

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    In the fridge as I type

I put in nowhere near 1/4 cup of syrup and it's soo sweet. Mind you the vanilla I used is really strong, so that may be part of it.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member

Topped with a little melted 85% green & blacks for good measure.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

stagemom23 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    In the fridge as I type

I put in nowhere near 1/4 cup of syrup and it's soo sweet. Mind you the vanilla I used is really strong, so that may be part of it.
    I thought they were too sweet when I made them as well. After they sat in the fridge overnight the coconut seemed to absorb some of the sweetness and they tasted heavenly!! I mean silly good!

It seems as though you really need that 1/4 cup of liquid to keep these things together. I imagine if the 1/4 of syrup is too much for you, maybe you could just add a little coconut milk in place of some of the syrup for the moisture? I think I am going to try that myself.

039.jpg

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    These look really good. Basically sounds like sweetened flavored coconut butter.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone used honey instead of maple syrup? Just wondering if it would make much difference?
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Made these this morning to give as a party treat - I'm not sure they'll last ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast