Thread: Better Recovery? page

simplyryde is offline Member

Better Recovery?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since going eating primal, has anyone noticed much better recovery after hard workouts?

I switched my diet about 3 months ago, and my recovery between workouts is much better. I have done some really hard interval workouts, that before would leave me sore for a couple of days, now the soreness doesn't come.

Primalhound is offline Member
    I've noticed the same thing. I believe it definitely has to do with how I'm eating. It's been about 3 1/2 weeks primal for me. I'm training for a marathon (I know, I know...this will be my last) and I haven't had any soreness after our long runs. I've also noticed that I feel stronger while running and I'm faster than previous seasons, although still not fast compared to a lot of people.

I'm planning on keeping this up. Good luck to you!

PrimalEagle is offline Senior Member
    Last week was my first week PB and I attempted an all-day 2s sand vball tournament without my normal grain-based carbs (just some trail mix, a little dried fruit and 2 bananas). At this point, I still didn't have enough "quick energy" and found myself lagging more on some points during long rallys and games. HOWEVER, normally after an all day tournament in 90 degree heat I would be absolutely dead when I got home -- this time, however, I had no desire to take a nap and was actually in the mood to go play a skeeball tournament with my fiance and his friends. The next morning I had no residual soreness, which is also unusual, and also had high energy levels.
    "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Better recovery is just one of the benefits. Happy to hear you're experiencing them.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    yes.... definately.