• 60K to 79K

26 15.29%
  • 80K or above

46 27.06%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Paleo Diet = Rich White People Diet? page 2

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The only way grain is associated with me is that I am a 'cracker'. I am a stay at home mom, my husband works very hard and makes just under $25K. I agree with the poster, you have to search out your best Paleo/Primal values. I have found some great stuff at Grocery Outlet, even Lara Bars once for $7/16 bars. Our meat is what the grocery stores have, and we only buy the organic veggies/fruits on mainly the "dirty dozen".

Not even close to being financially well off, but we are rich!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I answered based on my current personal salary (not factoring in my partner's income), so currently, I'm in the $50k range and will be making significantly more than that when I start teaching a couple of courses after Christmas. However, I only returned to working full time quite recently after spending the last few years in grad school living on my scholarship and my savings. Despite that, I've managed to eat primal/paleo for a couple of years now. We eat a lot of local, seasonal food and buy our meat and eggs direct from the farmer in bulk. We also eat out far less often than we did before, which saves quite a bit of money, as does cooking from scratch and watching for deals.

I am also white but do not live in the US.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm rich and white. I have an office job with lots of spare time to surf the net. All those poor brown guys out there mowing the lawn and clipping the hedges don't have the luxury to vote in this poll. But we end up at the same meat counter at the end of the day and they don't have to pay a portion of their salary to lift heavy stuff. They get paid to do it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Mostly white with a Native American maternal ancestry. Not rich by U.S. standards, but I make it by.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I assume we are talking family income. Canadian but mixed European descent.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We have two engineers, so money is not tight. Back in college, and growing up, it was for both of us. We both made do and went without. Having enough money to even be able to eat out is new to both of us.
    I'm white with a tetch of Native American (not enough to count.) He's Hispanic/ white. We're both native born Americans.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

SAGrokette is offline Junior Member
    Not rich.

White. Irish/German Decent.

My food budget is 1/4 of my income and 1/2 of what I pay for rent.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Poor, White.
    Been on my own financially since 16 and only recently stopped receiving benefits. I'm reluctant to ever go on them again, to be honest. Over my A-levels: fine. When everyone else is working? No.
    Waiting for my loans to come in and desperately trying to get a job!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm white and just reaching the middle now with a new job, but am still on the poorer side of things for where i live. i grew up very poor though, and have been lucky enough to land a job that helps people who grew up like me go to college.

+1 on Nelle's point, that the group just reflects the population at large. but, i can understand any complaints from people who claim that paleo is for rich white people...it can be expensive if you don't take any short cuts, and look very expensive if you don't take the time to learn about it.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Only half white - and half Mexican, so perhaps only half my income should count.

Work in IT, so many would consider me "rich" although I was badly affected by the mortgage/housing crisis a few years back which means I don't live extravagantly by any means.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast