Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So thankful i found MDA, i have my IBS under control now! page 2

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok, so second day of 80/20 after a little derailing some days ago and very proud of my bread-free and french-fry-free restaurant dinner yesteday.
    No carb cravings (maybe due to last nite's dessert), and very well on track today: for breakfast a handful of coconut cubes, 3 dark chocolate squares and for lunch a cup of zucchini, a few sweet peas and ground beef. For dinner a couple of fried eggs, a little feta cheese and a 5 strawberries and 2 splashes of cream.
    TGIF!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Still going strong!
    Fried eggs and chorizo for breakfast, 3 sliced strawberries and a splash of cream.
    For lunch a cucumber, tomato, and fresh cheese, with olive oil. A handful of fresh cherries.
    Mid afternoon a protein shake with a handful of strawberries.
    For lunch im planning some roasted chicken and a cucumber/stringbean salad, and then off to meet some friends, where I plan to drink only 2 glasses of wine. So I eat first so Im not hungry and tempted by all the traditional meetandgreet snacks.

hibbs02 is offline Member
    I loves me some chorizo! Thanks for reminding me, I need to put some on my list. As to the bread, well if it wasn't for that wouldn't it all be perfect and almost like not having to make a change at all? :-) At least with this change you get tons of health benefits while really only giving up a couple of foods -- tasty as they may be.

The thing is that bread is so commonly accepted as "healthy" that it has a different status in our minds. If someone said to you, "I know that if I just give up the gummy worms and pixie stix I'd lose weight and be healthier but they are so tasty!" you might have a hard time thinking they are serious about getting healthy but those things don't have the same status and we aren't habituated to them. This is something I've been thinking about: It is mostly habituation. We are used to having bread with a meal or surrounding our meat and lettuce. We just have to overcome the habit and mindset and replace with different habits and it will work itself out. Time is the cure.

I think your "No bread for me" attitude is the best way to go. I have pretty much put it up -- or down -- there with sweets. I love sweets. I expect to have some every every now and again. I do have dark chocolate so technically this might not be a perfect example. But, at work when everyone says (very very often), "Do you want some of this cake, pie, candy, ice cream?" I just call them the devil and tell them I'm trying not to die. I actually do that! Of course, I'm kidding and laughing during it all but then again I'm also a little serious too. :-) Now, everyone knows I don't have sweets and they mostly pass me by. By putting in a rock solid, "Not gonna happen!" line on some things/places it makes things easier, at least for me. I'm now building that same wall with bread. I expect to have some around Christmas, as well as sweets, in a meal or two with family gatherings. I'm not gonna be "that guy" for a very occasional thing since with my family it is a rare occurrence and I don't have the same severe consequences you do when I do eat it (though I feel like crap.) But at work or home or out shopping? "No, not gonna happen. I'm trying not to die!"

See, now don't you regret posting on my journal? I can't stop talking! Good night and God bless.
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Goal: Walk daughter (due 1/21/13) down aisle
    Motto: It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it is not the end.
    Alternate Motto: Whatever the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

Keep up the posting!
    Im travelling back home for Christmas and have absolutely no idea how to avoid grains. Will figure out a plan.
    About sweets, well, Im a major sweet eater myself, and trying to substitute with a little fruit and cream. In my house you cannot see a sweet on sight! Only a bar of dark chocolate.
    At work is a totally different story: I work at an industrial ice cream factory (won't name names), and I am surrounded by the stuff, I even have to do a little tasting every once in a while. But Ive managed to stay crave free almost all week, sticking to the 80/20 pretty nicely.
    Im actually amazed at myself. Even last night I stuck only to two glasses of wine and no astray food. I think this is totally doable, so I gotta figure out a plan to get through Christmas without hurting anyone's feelings!

hibbs02 is offline Member
    If people don't want to take "no thank you" for an answer I am thinking that I may start giving this answer. Not that it comes up for me. AND, it is at least partially true. I am allergic to wheat, it makes me fat! Give them a target to focus on rather than you. Then you get sympathy instead. "What, you are allergic to wheat? Oh, I'm so sorry."
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Goal: Walk daughter (due 1/21/13) down aisle
    Motto: It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it is not the end.
    Alternate Motto: Whatever the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

actually i find the "no bread" attitude a lot of fun! the amazed and confused looks, im thinking on keeping up with the primal attitude and have some fun for the holidays.
    today has been an excellent primal day for me: i even got to a morning and a nite set of excersise, first time ever that happens to me. As for food, i even toned down the strawberries and cream! replaced that with some fresh kiwi for dinner dessert. The rest of the day was: for lunch: eggs, bacon, mid afternoon: espresso with cream, dinner: chicken with string bean souffle and three kiwis for dessert! ah yes, a glass of wine, cuz who can throw away some leftover wine?
    ;D

ok so i am now in the need to really stay away from wheat&sugar combo, my gut really needs it!
    yesterday i had a fancy work meeting and ran around all morning getting ready for it, so almost no breakfast (1 sq of dark chcolate). so lunchtime, almost fasted and surrounded by petite sandwiches and devil ice cream.
    i was so hungry and with no primal on sight, i caved in: i had 5 petite sandwiches and an icecream cone.
    thankfully a couple hrs later, the meeting was over and i had to really rush home, boy did i regret the wheat intake! it must have been less than 50grs overall, but caused havoc in my poor gut
    never again.
    in healing mode now and successful at it for the last 24hrs.
    i must get to the fasting mode soon so that i avoid such temptations out of hunger.

I havent posted in my own thread for a while, I see now that reading my own evolution is a good encouraging thing!

After last friday's horrible carb binge, I am easing myself back into my successful 80/20 lifestyle. I had a couple of horrible weekend days where I just could not resist any craving and had to indulge every thing!

Today, I had a single serve of ice cream and had no other carbs besides that. The rest of the day consisted on:
    .- breakfast: blueberries+cream, coffee. 9 hazelnuts in mid morning.
    .- lunch: lotsa lettuce, slice of turkey, one tomato, half a cup of green beans, three very small cubes of potato (inevitably mixed in the salad).
    .- and for dinner: eggs+bacon, one tomato, coffee+cream (had to work at home).
    Throw in a 30minute walk and damn damn damn, an ice cream bar in mid afternoon, during a long boring work meeting.

Tomorrow I plan to work out and keep up the primal menu! 80/20... I CAN do it!
    Ill strive for staying away from any icecream source. Have a couple dark choc squares to keep the ice cream away from my hands!

Day 2:
    breakfast: 9 hazelnuts, coffee.
    lunch: slice of turkey, 2 tbsp of corn (shouldnt have), shredded cabbage salad and half a cup of fruit.
    dinner: steak and cucumber salad. again a cafe creme for a late nite study session.
    i did have a scoop of ice cream, the good part of it, is that i had absolute clarity on why i had to cheat: anxiety or boredom.
    tomorrow i plan to consciously associate the cheat with the feeling and stay away from the sugar.
    i do feel a little less sugar crazed, so ill keep up the inertia!
    these are the moments when working in an icecream factory does not seem like such a good idea.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok, ill come back to this thread when i have sustainably gone under 50g
    carb per day.
    no fruit, no dairy, no dark chocolate, no cheating, no over feeding myself!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12