Thread: Swollen Lymph Node page

5kfunrun is offline Junior Member

Swollen Lymph Node

Primal Fuel
    After being sick two weeks ago, I decided to return to Primal. I have been doing fairly well at staying around 100g carbs and am starting to reap the benefits of eating better.

However, today after work my right mandibular lymph node became swollen. It hasn't gone down and tingles. Has anyone else experienced this? I should mention that back when I used to get sinus infections they would swell, but this is the first time it's happened when I feel perfectly fine.

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    I had the same thing minus the tingling. Same place too, odd... anyway like you I felt completely fine however the lymph node was swollen for a few weeks. Had it checked out by a trusted surgeon who said the safest thing would be to have it removed and checked out for a host of infections.

Every test they ran came back negative, guess it was just swollen for no reason whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

5kfunrun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain_36 View Post
    I had the same thing minus the tingling. Same place too, odd... anyway like you I felt completely fine however the lymph node was swollen for a few weeks. Had it checked out by a trusted surgeon who said the safest thing would be to have it removed and checked out for a host of infections.

Every test they ran came back negative, guess it was just swollen for no reason whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding! I realize that the ONLY thing I did differently yesterday was take a multivitamin. I didn't take it today and so far the swelling has subsided. So weird.

AussieNana is offline Member
    I would suggest that if the lymph node was swollen it was doing exactly what it should be doing - getting rid of something that shouldn't be there such as an infection in the very early stages or some toxin that your body is starting to clear out. This is what you want to happen. Usually when eating SAD our bodies need to mobilise more than one aspect of our immune system to heal. When we are starting to come right the body needs to mobilise less and less.

A week or so back I was having to nurse a sick husband and other family members. While I didn't actually go down with the horrendous symptoms they had I did feel distinctly "off colour". I put this down to being healthier and not actually going sick but still having to fight the infection.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Lymph nodes and the whole lymph system is a part of your immune system. The nodes are "filters" and swell when they trap stuff (viruses, bacteria etc) and the parts of your immune system that kill bad things collect there... to kill bad things. Swollen nodes aren't necessarilly a bad thing. It just means they are doing their job. If they get painful or you get a collection of a bunch of them in one spot (they are all over the body but there are concentrations of them in the neck, armpit and groin) you may want to consider professional help in determining the cause.....