Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Christmas..... page 5

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No problems. I should have said 'quick breads' though. Yest breads need gluten in wheat flour.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeiraJayne View Post
    I can't wait till Christmas!!!

My friend has a farm and raises organic/grass fed pigs. I've been out to the farm many times and have seen the care and love that goes into raising them. I've got dibs on a fresh ham and a couple of kilos of bacon (NOTHING tastes better than bacon fresh from a hand-raised pig, it looks nothing like what you buy from a butcher, the meat is really pink and tastes more sweet than salty).
    YES. I used hate sausage and ham, and bacon was "meh". When it's free range, I could eat it ALL. And I could live on bacon from the farm, as well as their hamburger...10 years ago I was close to going vegetarian because meat tasted awful. Then I tasted real meat, and that veggie idea flew out the window at warp speed.

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yes, I will be baking my cobbler or pie with gluten free crust or topping
    I was thinking about trying a home made apple crisp with coconut flour and a bit o' honey...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to slack over the holidays- stay mostly primal but have a few treats that are worthwhile. So, no christmas colored hershey kisses or storebought cookies, but I just had a glass of eggnog from the local dairy creamery laced with some really good bourbon. I'm not going to pass on stuff like great homemade fudge, apple brandy and home made cookies from good bakers. It's once a year and January will be the perfect time for a Whole 30.

I do also want to make some good primal holiday foods. I really want to roast a duck!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Thanks, Lew. is offline Junior Member
    My sister has been making Christmas cookies for decades. She sends me a box every year.

My plan is to eat the whole box in one day, pay the price, and then return to my everyday Paleo way.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm going to slack over the holidays- stay mostly primal but have a few treats that are worthwhile. So, no christmas colored hershey kisses or storebought cookies, but I just had a glass of eggnog from the local dairy creamery laced with some really good bourbon. I'm not going to pass on stuff like great homemade fudge, apple brandy and home made cookies from good bakers. It's once a year and January will be the perfect time for a Whole 30.

I do also want to make some good primal holiday foods. I really want to roast a duck!
    Wife just bought some Almond egg nog. Says it's good.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Wife just bought some Almond egg nog. Says it's good.
    Yeah, I want to try the MDA recipe, but this nog is the good stuff- you can taste the eggs and cream, not too sweet, thick so you can put bourbon in it. LOL, I figure it meets the eat more fat requirement!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345