Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas..... page 3

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'll be visiting my folks who aren't primal, have no ideal what that is and would think I was nuts if I told them! However, they do like to eat mostly 'real' food so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'll pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating but since most non-primal food holds little appeal for me these days, I can't see it being too way out there. I'll indulge in some lovely roast parsnips and potatoes, turkey (or whatever meat is on the table) and loads of veggies. I may even have a little bread sauce and will definitely have some of our traditional sherry trifle...that's the big indulgence for me. This year I'll pass on the turkey sandwiches with bread sauce and stuffing (bread on bread...makes me shudder to think of it these days).

But, when I head home on boxing day, I'm confident that I'll have had my fill of non-primal fayre, no doubt will be feeling a little lethargic and tummy aching for it, and will be more than ready to get back to my own way of living.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I always loved the hors d'oeuvres more than the meal, so I think I'll just make plates of small fishes, little meat balls, different cheeses, etc.

KeiraJayne is offline Junior Member
    I can't wait till Christmas!!!

My friend has a farm and raises organic/grass fed pigs. I've been out to the farm many times and have seen the care and love that goes into raising them. I've got dibs on a fresh ham and a couple of kilos of bacon (NOTHING tastes better than bacon fresh from a hand-raised pig, it looks nothing like what you buy from a butcher, the meat is really pink and tastes more sweet than salty).

Our Christmas lunch will consist of maple glazed ham with fresh seafood, salads and dark chocolate with a glass of red for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly6 View Post
    It all depends for me on the effort that went into that goodie. If cookies show up in a Lofthouse box, no way. If someone brings Christmas cut out cookies that they made from scratch and spent an entire day on, yeah, I'll probably partake in one.
    I'm much the same. I'll happily pass up dessert/sweets/pastries at a function but can't go past trying something home-made that someone has put a lot of effort into, especially during Christmas. I can't really binge anymore anyway, even if I wanted to. I just end up with a food hangover the next day and spend all day nursing a migraine and belly-ache.
    bacon is a food group, right?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I am going to be going slowly crazy on Christmas because my gym will be closed and my family dies not celebrate the holidays. I am going to be so bored that I will probably end up eating candy and digging into a market-bought chicken all day. Oh we'll, it's just one day out of the year.

katiepotato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I'll be visiting my folks who aren't primal, have no ideal what that is and would think I was nuts if I told them! However, they do like to eat mostly 'real' food so it shouldn't be too bad.
    ^^ Same for me. As we live overseas my family haven't seen me since last Christmas, pre-Primal and about 26lbs heavier than I am now. They know I've changed how I eat and although they've been a bit dismissive of the idea of "no grains" there will still be plenty for me to choose from. I'm planning on staying reasonably Primal and just eating what I am comfortable eating without making a big deal out of it.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Can't wait for Xmas here. Fresh wild turkey from the back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get better than that. Not Primal though, I'm using a gun.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

PaleoAP is offline Member
    Alex Peterson-
    Nutritional Consultant
    Creator of The Whole Muscle Diet and the Whole Muscle Blog

www.wholemusclegains.com

The authority on nutrition for strength and lean mass gains without the use of supplements, meal-timing, or other unnecessary diet methods.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am gonna eat all the fruit I want. Buckets. Loads. I might even make a cobbler or an apple and berry pie.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    mmmmmm...christmas. i do not eat primal at christmas. every year my mom makes me a lasagna, which i devour. i eat bread, pies, cookies, etc. and don't care. tons of homemade food is how my family does the holidays. i'm even planning a best burger in the city tour for the week following with a bunch of friends. i embrace the community part of primal more than the food part this time of year. i'll try to behave in the parties leading up to christmas though.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    For the main dish I will be making tongue (my mom and I consider it a delicacy) to serve cold and the best cut steaks from our cow, because we've run out of beef ~ October, and right now that the freezer is full again, beef is my craving of choice! And the cow this year is super good due to the long summer.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast